Cakewalk running slow in a powerful computer

g5fighter

Question

Hi, I had an old computer and I installed Cakewalk. I liked it very much, and when I bought the new one that was more powerful (Asus Rog Strix Scar II), I decided to install it as well. But it goes a lot slower than the old one. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Promidi said:

Is there any way you can see about getting an Nvida or an AMD dedicated graphics card (does not have to be the latest - I just use a GTX960). 

That will offload some of the graphic processing to the card (windows itself does this). 

While I know Cakewalk itself does not utilise the GPU, some plugins do for some of their display information.  I know Meldaproduction plugins can.

See if you can borrow a GPU

AAAAArrrrggghhhhh... I lost my post. So sorry for being short.

You missed my original post, the only time I thought my computer was running slow, was when I had "CPU Conservation Mode" accidentally switched on.

This PC twidles its thumbs most of the time. I even run a VBox with Win2019 Server edition, running SONAR, while Cakewalk is running on the real PC, operating fine. I also run a VBox of 32b XP when converting my older projects that use a 32B DXi; so I can see what was what and duplicate in the new 64b Cakewalk.

The reason I posted details about my crappy GPU was simply to share that even with the crappiest of GPU's, Cakewalk can run fine for some.

Edited by JohnK
remove typo of duplicate "my"

18 minutes ago, JohnK said:

AAAAArrrrggghhhhh... I lost my post. So sorry for being short.

You missed my original my post, the only time I thought my computer was running slow, was when I had "CPU Conservation Mode" accidentally switched on.

This PC twidles its thumbs most of the time. I even run a VBox with Win2019 Server edition, running SONAR, while Cakewalk is running on the real PC, operating fine. I also run a VBox of 32b XP when converting my older projects that use a 32B DXi; so I can see what was what and duplicate in the new 64b Cakewalk.

The reason I posted details about my crappy GPU was simply to share that even with the crappiest of GPU's, Cakewalk can run fine for some.

A discrete GPU is not required to run Cakewalk well. In fact it can even interfere if the drivers are problematic.

I only use the humble integrated Intel HD graphics that my CPU provides. Smooth as butter.