Please help with preference colors. (Now Time and PRV beat lines)

yeto

Question

Ahoy,

Is it possible to change the color of the Now Time maker in Track and Piano roll View? Also, is it possible to change the color of the vertical beat grid lines in PRV? I have looked in "Preferences > Colors" but I can't figure out which parameter to change?

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

changelinecolor.JPG

6 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

do a search in the preferences/colors and look for NowTime. The PRV lines are called "Justify" lines I believe. It will take some experimenting.

I found that the vertical grid beat lines are labeled "Beat Rules". As far as the NowTime line you can change the color of the triangle marker but not the line itself. I used a color picker and got the color of the line then I went into preferences/all colors and checked all similar colors and could not find a matching color so I don't think it is listed. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Thank you for taking time to help,
yeto

Edited by yeto

Since these items change with the theme, they must be in the theme editor. The colors in preferences were used prior to X-Series SONAR (late 2010). Some of them still work but the majority of settings are handled by the theme editor.

2 hours ago, scook said:

Since these items change with the theme, they must be in the theme editor. The colors in preferences were used prior to X-Series SONAR (late 2010). Some of them still work but the majority of settings are handled by the theme editor.

That is very helpful. 

As always, thank you for taking time to help,
yeto

When Cakewalk was first revived by Bandlab one of their first updates was to make a darker PRV. I didn't really like it. I enjoy cakewalks dark stock theme but not the dark PRV so I created one using the stock theme but changed the PRV back to white. I can share it with you if you wish.

6 hours ago, Chuck E Baby said:

When Cakewalk was first revived by Bandlab one of their first updates was to make a darker PRV. I didn't really like it. I enjoy cakewalks dark stock theme but not the dark PRV so I created one using the stock theme but changed the PRV back to white. I can share it with you if you wish.

Thank you. I like the dark PRV view. I just wanted to make a few tweaks. I am okay for now but again thank you for the offer. Everyone in this forum is soooooo helpful. I wish all forums could be like this one.

Again thank you,
yeto