BUG - ProChannel Console Emulator Channel

Sarah Rosen

On any ProChannel with Console Emulator Channel enabled, the Console Channel Emulator begins to oscillate and increases the number of oscillators with every playback until Master Bus meter is slammed to maximum.  The only way to stop the oscillation is to disable Console Emulation Channel

Hello Sarah,

Welcome to the forum and to Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution to the issue.  You may get more views, responses and suggestions by posting in the Cakewalk by Bandlab forum section:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-cakewalk-by-bandlab/

Also, if you click on the link embedded in my signature you can submit a support request.

• Like 2

This sounds a strange one.

I'm definitely not seeing it - I use the console emulator on the ProChannel on most tracks, and in some cases I have more than one console emulator on the same track.

Do you get this on every project?

• Like 2

This issue must be something that is occurring when the Channel Emulator is used in a certain way. If it weren't, the forum would be full of complaints and the development team and beta testers would have noticed it a long time ago. The Console Emulation is a commonly used module.

There must be a plug-in, module, way of routing, something that is happening on your system. If it's a bug, it's one that's exposed in combination with these other factors, so please post more about what other plug-ins and ProChannel modules you are using, where the track is routed, etc.

The Console Emulator adds a bit of gain, so it may even be that the gain inherent to the module is causing something to go into oscillation. It also has its own resonant peak.

• Like 2