MIDI suddenly does not play through my Focusrite 2i2

tdehan

As of this morning, when I open any stand alone MIDI file in Cakewalk, instead of it playing through my Focusrite 2i2 it plays through the computer soundcard and speakers.  This was working just fine yesterday when I was working on a MIDI file.  Under Preferences it does show the device as Focusrite.  

The thing that escapes me is that when I open up a project I've been working that contains both .wav and .mid files they play just fine through my Focusrite as expected.

Also, when I go into Windows Sound and tell it to use the Focusrite, when I play a MIDI file it does indeed play through the Focusrite however, instead of playing instruments through Cakewalk TTS, it plays through MIcrosoft GS Wavetable Synth.

I'm stumpted...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by tdehan

In Preferences under Midi only check the focusrite. But If you are using the TTS-1 that has nothing to do with the midi output in preferences. THat is for the DIN jack in the back of your interface. You would check that if you own hardware midi devices only.   The midi  track / file needs to be output directly to the TTS-1.  The TTS_1 audio will go to the Master bus and onward to your interfaces audio outputs. 

Check your master bus is set to the Focusrite. It's actually impossible to use your on board audio from Cakewalk if your interface is connected and in ASIO mode. So somethings not right there. 

Also If you had opened this file and that GS Wavetable output was checked then that would screw up Cakewalk automaticly using TTS-1. Always open a midi file with those 2 midi output boxes unchecked and Cakewalk will automaticly set up the TTS_1 to play the file. Good Luck

211544335_Screenshot(102).png.998afd9739c9852f9efd0c6c4db39c46.png

Edited by Bass Guitar