UVI PX Apollo and PX V8 $19 at Audiodeluxe.

cclarry

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Those are based on samples .... Memory moog for the memories

Yeah, I meant that I’m only going for the romplers with their original samples, not as much for the sampled versions of actual synths. I prefer Arturia models for those. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zo said:

0did ya tried your new toys 

Oh yeah. All six of them are pretty, pretty good, with the Stockhausen trio as most intricate and conceptually interesting ones.  LoFi Dreams has the largest sample pool, VOKLM reminds me of Output’s Exhale, and Organic Keys has, well, lots of keys. 
I meticulously checked all Falcon expansions and these are the best IMO. 

52 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Oh yeah. All six of them are pretty, pretty good, with the Stockhausen trio as most intricate and conceptually interesting ones.  LoFi Dreams has the largest sample pool, VOKLM reminds me of Output’s Exhale, and Organic Keys has, well, lots of keys. 
I meticulously checked all Falcon expansions and these are the best IMO. 

i have ethereal stuff and didn't liked it (from simon)

Fofi dreams is indeed tempting ... , yep the VOKLM is imho less powerfull than heavicoity na doutput offering , but the pads (beds) are great ... ORganic keys don't know this one ....but a lot of keys already in Falcon factory banks ...

Went for Lofi + Organic keys (instead of vklm) and instant regret !!! Organic keys , when you play hevay chords the cpu hit is a pain !!!  no wonder not a lot of reviews online .... :( 

I7 4790s 8 threads at 3.6 ghz and one patch floor it ...

Edited by Zo
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Dang, that’s no good. But you know Falcon doesn’t do multi thread. All well on my M1Max though. 
Ask support for an exchange. They’re great guys. And they’re in Paris, as you know :)

Yeah i know them , but not so into getting solething else exept the v8 that i should have gone for from start ...i can t ask them for lofi since it s working ok exept for some patches ...

did n knew for multi core and falcon , such a shame .... no wonder last version of falcon patches are unplayable here ...i should stik with my first primitve thoughs lol ....

also i don t find organic keys that great , to hollow , not enougth materail in sound , overloaded with fx to pretend if ya know what i mean 

will mess with voices limit to see if it helps ... 

Edited by Zo

Yeah, I got Organic Keys ‘cause it’s their latest one and it’s keys, you know. And those macro knobs are interesting. I’m not that much into the darker expansions like Cinematic Shades or both Subculture ones.

As for Falcon not being multi core, I read that’s for some particular reason, but don’t remember why. 

I’m not getting the Voyetra (or Memories) ‘cause it’s too much samples. Makes me think of IK Syntronik, although UVI surely is better at sampling (and compressing to Flac). I will get the next Synth Anthology, though, don’t mind playing with those samples in Falcon. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, I got Organic Keys ‘cause it’s their latest one and it’s keys, you know. And those macro knobs are interesting. I’m not that much into the darker expansions like Cinematic Shades or both Subculture ones.

As for Falcon not being multi core, I read that’s for some particular reason, but don’t remember why. 

I’m not getting the Voyetra (or Memories) ‘cause it’s too much samples. Makes me think of IK Syntronik, although UVI surely is better at sampling (and compressing to Flac). I will get the next Synth Anthology, though, don’t mind playing with those samples in Falcon. 

I skipped voyetra ... for the exact same , since i updated to synth anthology 3 witch is great since on osc 2 we have now all raw files categorised ....

• Like 1