By passing instrumental section white voice recording

Riccoboni

Hello,

I often record songs including an instrumental part, and I would like to skip this instrumental section when recording vocals, so as not to be distracted by the instrumental part.

I know how to do this with the arranger while playing the song , but is there a way to do this while recording ?

Thank you for your attention

Thank you for your answer, but precisely I wanted to avoid moving a portion of the track, and having to go back.

I was thinking of a recording option that starts from an arrangement and not complete tracks, or even an option that allows you to deactivate the reading of a selection during recording.

The idea is globally to concentrate on the part of the tracks where to record vocals, and not to listen to the rest.

I'm still not sure what you want to do. 
You have a music track.
You want to record speaking over the music track, but not hear the music while speaking. Is that close?
If so, you could use automated mute on the music track while you're speaking, or a volume envelope to lower the music track sound while you're recording the speaking part.

Hmm... I don't think we understand each other.

I don't want markers to know when to resume singing (I already have my AABA sections positioned with the arranger).

I would just like the nstrumental solo parts not to be played during the recording.

Let's imagine that these solos are played on the B section, I would like that during the recording we only hear the AAA sections.

Basically the idea would be to be able to use a cakewalk arrangement during recording

Well the one thing you cannot do in Cakewalk is to simply "skip" over one section only to resume playback/recording at a later time

The only way around this that I can think of would be to use the arranger so that the bits you want to record vocals over are right next to each other and then move them back afterwards

On 12/23/2022 at 8:37 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

Well the one thing you cannot do in Cakewalk is to simply "skip" over one section only to resume playback/recording at a later time

The only way around this that I can think of would be to use the arranger so that the bits you want to record vocals over are right next to each other and then move them back afterwards

This is the answer.

Mark your song out the way you want it to go with sections for each part, then make an arrangement in its proper state, then make another one just for recording. Switch to the recording one - it'll slice your song up and remove any sections you don't want. Record your parts. Then switch back to the original arrangement.

• Like 1

i've been doing something similar for vocals and solos - a new arrangement for the vocal or soloing tracking, export as audio the arrangement. new recording project (so i'm not weighted down by the source project), record, comp, etc etc. export the vocals / solos. re-import into the master project and reset the arrangement to the primary one.  the extra step of another project dedicated to vocals and solos is simply due to machine limits at the moment...