Waves Studio Classics Collection API + SSL + V-Series Native

cclarry

9 hours ago, Fleer said:

But. But. But. 

It's OK to like the plugins but hate WUP.  The funny thing is, I've had my travel laptop setup for almost a year now and haven't installed my Waves plugins.  I'm leery of trying to get my v9-v11 plugins working...

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 1

What's up with WUP? Waves always wants me to upgrade my plugins. The cost of the upgrade is typically just a few dollars short of the new product (on sale) price, and yet the upgrade doesn't appear to offer any new features. I use Widows and not Apple so I can't see any reason to upgrade. Is WUP a scam?

Edited by Scott H
  • Great Idea 1

47 minutes ago, Scott H said:

The cost of the upgrade is typically just a few dollars short of the new product (on sale) price, and yet the upgrade doesn't appear to offer any new features.

This.  I'm pretty sure I have a few v9 plugins that have never been updated, so why WUP?  Also, other Devs generously offer lifetime updates which makes me a loyal customer.    OR, a paid update will spell out what has been improved on and fixed so you can decide if you want to pay for it.   Honestly, there is zero incentive (for me) to continually pay Waves for plugins I've already bought and that they are done developing and not interested in adding new features or anything like that...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mibby said:

there is zero incentive (for me) to continually pay Waves for plugins I've already bought and that they are done developing and not interested in adding new features or anything like that...

Yep. Unless they give me a reason to pay for WUP, I ain't gonna WUP!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Grem said:

Yep. Unless they give me a reason to pay for WUP, I ain't gonna WUP!

Case and point. I'm installing my Waves plugins now on my traveling laptop, and here is the description from their website... 

image.png.b46e1cbf2e7a09dd2731886664634241.png

IMO, a current plugin owner should NOT have to pay for  any of these "features"...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mibby said:

Case and point. I'm installing my Waves plugins now on my traveling laptop, and here is the description from their website... 

image.png.b46e1cbf2e7a09dd2731886664634241.png

IMO, a current plugin owner should NOT have to pay for  any of these "features"...

Agreed with all but one of the above. As much as Apple changes OS requirements, I can understand a dev team wanting to recoup some of their lost time on that. Cause they gonna do it in 6 months time when Apple changes something again. And again... and again...