Uninstalling/Re-installing Cakewalk

Tony p

Hey all,

So in having some issues with Melodyne and Cakewalk, Melodyne tech suggested I uninstall and re-install Cakewalk. I have all my projects backed up on a separate drive. Is there anything else that I should do before? I'm hoping that all my plugins are still there, and I wonder if I should just go for the whole thing and uninstall all the plugins as well. 

Thank you!

Hey Tony, I asked a similar question recently and you can view that thread and the advice I got here: 

If your projects are backed up then basically you're good to go with the uninstall/reinstall and no, don't uninstall whatever plugs you have installed; they'll re-associate themselves with Cakewalk upon reinstallation and pretty much all your CbB settings will be intact too - all this was the case for me anyway for my recent uninstall/reinstall of CbB. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Hey Tony, I asked a similar question recently and you can view that thread and the advice I got here: 

If your projects are backed up then basically you're good to go with the uninstall/reinstall and no, don't uninstall whatever plugs you have installed; they'll re-associate themselves with Cakewalk upon reinstallation and pretty much all your CbB settings will be intact too - all this was the case for me anyway for my recent uninstall/reinstall of CbB. 

Thank you Christian!