headphone panning not working

so i was recently working on a track and wanted to pan the hi-hats but when i did i noticed it was being panned. the volume was lowered but it was still playing through both headphone drivers at equal volume even if i did a solo to one side. i do not believe it to be a problem with the headphones because panning works fine on spotify/etc. i noticed that in the surround tab in the preferences menu there was nothing being routed to the outputs for the left and right channels but i tested it and nothing seemed to change although i got 2 options "amp 1" and "amp 2" (amp being the full name of my amp) i just put all of them to one or the other but nothing changed

i use beyerdynamic dt990s and a fio k5 pro dac/amp

25 minutes ago, trashlondonbeats said:

i was recently working on a track and wanted to pan the hi-hats but when i did i noticed it was being panned. the volume was lowered but it was still playing through both headphone drivers at equal volume even if i did a solo to one side.

This is definitely not how it's supposed to work. The Surround preferences don't mean anything here. You have left and right, and that's it.

What's better to check is Audio/Devices/Driver Settings/Playback and Recording.

Do you see the appropriate devices? Do you have it set to WASAPI (assuming that your DAC doesn't have its own ASIO driver)?

What are you showing in your Hardware Outputs strips?