Questions About Control Bar

JamPro

Question

Hello.  I am using Cakewalk By BandLab (CWBBL) 2022.11(build 021, 64 bit) in Win 10 64-bit.

1) I do not see the Screenset module for display in the list of Control Bar modules.  I found Screensets useful.  Has CWBBL removed the Screenset Module from the Control Bar?  Is there another way I should be accessing Screensets?

2) I created and saved a Program Template with a Control Bar arrangement I like to use.    Yet when I load my Program Template into CWBBL, the Control Bar displays the BASIC.cwt Control Bar arrangement.  How do get my desired Control Bar arrangement to be displayed when I load my Program Template?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

Thank you Promidi. Indeed the Workspaces may be a factor in both my questions.

So when I load my saved Project Template in CWBBL, I see in the Workspace drop-down list it says BASIC.  When I instead choose None from the drop-down list, I can then find the Screenset module when I R-click in the Control Bar (Yeah! I found Screensets to be useful so I am glad to be able to access Screensets).

So I may need to go redo the saved Project Template.

I'm gonna go read up on the Workspace function in the Users Manual.  Thank you for your helpful reply!

This is the different between screensets and Workspaces. Workspaces override screensets. Screen sets are per project, A workspace is global to all projects. You are better off to creat your own custom workspaces and save them. Then you can quickly have everything the way you want it. The Basic workspace is a joke and not sure why it even exsists as it screws people up. The default should either be None or Advances ( which shows everything ) 

I had just watched this video  a while back. I'll see if I can find it. Ya here there are..  

https://youtu.be/tzUtfEl4sps

And this one is about the control bar custom settings

https://youtu.be/kTO1ViXjjZc

2 hours ago, Bass Guitar said:

This is the different between screensets and Workspaces.

I use both.  I configure Workspaces to not touch Windows layouts.  I leave that to screensets - with are saved in the projects themselves.

You are right about the “Basic” Workspace.  That should not be the default.  As you say, should be “none” or “Advanced”

Yes one thing a screenset can do that workspaces can't is this. 

You save a project where you made some of the Channel strips in Console view narrow and when you open it they all revert back to wide, A screenset will save that set up for a project. Workspaces only seem to save the interfaces view box sizes and layouts as well as which tools and widgets stuff are shown or hiding. It's sort of a nightmare at first. Lots of newbies are more confused by that sparse set up of the Basic workspace layout than any other aspect of Cakewalk. 

22 minutes ago, King Burton said:

I have a Control Bar question.  Had to do a total re-install. Trying to set up Control Bar. I can make changes but the Save and Manage choices are greyed out. Is there a trick I should know about?

I have never had that happen.  Mind you, I run Cakewalk with an account that has administrative privileges

You might want to post a new thread for visibility.  Make the title meaningful like “Manage and Save Workspaces greyed out”

You don't "save" Control Bar layouts. They will remain as they are until you change them.

Workspaces can be saved. If your options are grayed out, try clicking New Workspace... , type a new name and click OK. A Toast notification should show in the lower righthand corner stating it was created successfully.