Requiem for a Dream - Lux Aeterna

Dream Art Scientists

This is my rendition of the song 'Lux Aeterna', written by Clint Mansell, which is a soundtrack piece from the movie 'Requiem for a Dream'.  

My version here is a fairly loose interpretation of the original soundtrack piece with much more of a rock feel. 

All feedback and comments appreciated!  

Edited by Dream Art Scientists
Fixed youtube link
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

I'm not familiar with the original piece, but I enjoyed this version.

I'm curious what you used to create the video.  That was pretty cool.

jeff

Thanks for the feedback! The video was created by my sister. I believe she used Photo Shop to do editing on the images and After Effects to create the animation effects.  

Very interesting recording.

Lux Aeterna is a sacred text that has been set to music many times: from Gregorian chants to famous modern pieces, as in the present case.  This particular version could be based on a ancient chant tune, but I can't confirm that. 

I really like hearing these ancient tunes played on modern instruments- I've dabbled in that some myself.

This arrangement revolves around a strong, warmly distorted electric guitar part. Nice contrast with the synth parts,

Very cool stuff.

Cheers,

Bert

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Guy said:

Very interesting recording.

Lux Aeterna is a sacred text that has been set to music many times: from Gregorian chants to famous modern pieces, as in the present case.  This particular version could be based on a ancient chant tune, but I can't confirm that. 

I really like hearing these ancient tunes played on modern instruments- I've dabbled in that some myself.

This arrangement revolves around a strong, warmly distorted electric guitar part. Nice contrast with the synth parts,

Very cool stuff.

Cheers,

Bert

Thanks for listening and for the info about Lux Aeterna. That's really interesting! 

32 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Lovely piece and really nice hypnotic groove in the background.

-Bjorn

Thanks very much for listening and for the feedback! Much appreciated!

Interesting project ! I can hear this is a well conceived piece of music, from that melody and chord structure . . . really enjoyed how you interpret from the original composition here with the electric guitar doing the melody all through. The video is also perfect to go along with this, in that it is understated . . . a standing picture with slow movements.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, noynekker said:

Interesting project ! I can hear this is a well conceived piece of music, from that melody and chord structure . . . really enjoyed how you interpret from the original composition here with the electric guitar doing the melody all through. The video is also perfect to go along with this, in that it is understated . . . a standing picture with slow movements.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting here.

Thanks very much for watching and for the feedback! Much appreciated! 

- DAS -