Convert BandLab audio sounds to Midi

GodinLG

HI,

I'm trying to convert some of the BandLab audio sounds to midi but it's not woking. I dragged the BandLab audio sounds into Cakewalk and it created an Audio track andI can hear the audio sample. I then created an Instrument track , I tried using different ones, ex: CakeWalk TTS-1, SI- Electric Piano, Labs Piano etc, then dragged the Audio clip to the Instrument track but I always get the same result, nothing happens, no midi track gets created.   Am I missing a step ?

Thanks

Edited by GodinLG

21 hours ago, LeFOU said:

Hello,

Insert a MIDI track (not an instrument track).

Drag your audio clip to the MIDI track.

That is all

It's worth mentioning, there's a few conditions that will allow this to work:

• You need Melodyne installed, as Cakewalk uses Melodyne's audio-to-MIDI to perform this operation.
  • Polyphonic audio to MIDI will only work during the Melodyne trial period or if you have purchased Melodyne Editor or Studio edition.
  • Celemony removed free access to audio to MIDI conversion in Melodyne 5, so if you have Melodyne 5 installed, then audio to MIDI will cease to work after the end of the trial period.  After the trial period has ended, you'll need Melodyne Essentials or Assistant for monophonic audio to MIDI; polyphonic audio to MIDI will require Melodyne Editor or Studio edition. Melodyne 4 doesn't have this restriction, but will revert to monophonic audio to MIDI after the trial period has expired.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, msmcleod said:

It's worth mentioning, there's a few conditions that will allow this to work:

• You need Melodyne installed, as Cakewalk uses Melodyne's audio-to-MIDI to perform this operation.
  • Polyphonic audio to MIDI will only work during the Melodyne trial period or if you have purchased Melodyne Editor or Studio edition.
  • Celemony removed free access to audio to MIDI conversion in Melodyne 5, so if you have Melodyne 5 installed, then audio to MIDI will cease to work after the end of the trial period.  After the trial period has ended, you'll need Melodyne Essentials or Assistant for monophonic audio to MIDI; polyphonic audio to MIDI will require Melodyne Editor or Studio edition. Melodyne 4 doesn't have this restriction, but will revert to monophonic audio to MIDI after the trial period has expired.

I did not know that was why I was able to do it.

I had installed a trial version of Melodyne 4 or something.   Glad I did!

Thank you for the info.

Yes this is what's happening. I just found this out. On my old DAW  have lots of older versions of Cakewalk etc.  and those have Melodyne 4 installed and working fine. I'm building a new one and I had just downloaded the latest Cakewalk and it now comes with Melodyne 5. I guess it will expire demo mode after a month. 

Last time I checked they offer a discount when you upgrade. But I think that was a Black Friday deal. I don't sing so I don't need it for the vocal weirdness but I do use the Audio to mid sometimes.