Spectral Layers

Grem

Yes I can confirm that RX 10 Standard does separate a song into stems.

It does a comparable job to Spectral Layers and Simple Stems. If you wanted to do this and had to choose to buy one program, and ALL you wanted to do was create practice/jam songs for vocals, I'd go with Simple Stems. Name says it all. It really is simple. For more precise editing choose one of the other ones.

I will wait on the purchase of Spectral Layers just yet. I will see what RX 10 is capable of first.

Thanks to all who responded.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 11:04 AM, TheSteven said:

I had SpectraLayers Pro 6 then upgraded to Pro 8.

Pro 9 won't activate because it can't find 6 or 7 in my eLicenser.
Steinberger is saying that I'm SOL because I don't currently have 6 or 7 (even though I can produce a Pro 6 license#).
Not happy about this.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Sad 3

I would try and send them another email. When I had my 8 fiasco last year (and no response), that affected my 9 upgrade. Greg (from support) was the guy who responded about 9 and sent an email with all the codes (only work required was in the eLicenser). He had also sent an eLicenser helper executable link (I downloaded anyway, but didn't use... it pops up a "only use this if instructed to by support"). Greg sent me the two activation codes I needed, and the last part was simply reopening 9, refreshing the activation manager popup and activating it (again). It was night and day for me for support from them. I am assuming that your situation is to rebuild your eLicenser file so it will take the upgrade code (what I think that helper executable is for), so I would try a separate ticket with them and tell them your eLicenser is not showing products you own so you cannot upgrade and need the eLicenser fixed.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, mettelus said:

I would try and send them another email. 

I did that and they immediately fixed things.

Note:
A bit of a derp on my part I just found a follow up reply (from the prior set of conversations) saying that I should ask for a refund (on my 6 or 7 upgrade) because the upgrade from v8 was $20 cheaper but if I didn't want to hassle that they could swap licenses.  I totally missed that reply because I thought they were done with the conversation.
So cudos to them for the offer.  Since I bought the upgrade on sale at JRR don't think Steinberg shop would have had it cheaper even with the $20 discount but appreciate that they mentioned it.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Per Christian Frankplads said:

I'm gonna sell my license for Spectralayers 7, since I just never started using it.

I'm not an admin, but a long-time user here...  so just FYI advising that buying and selling is not permitted on this forum. But posting a link to your personal sales items elsewhere is allowed in your forum signature.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 2:54 PM, abacab said:

I've not needed to unmix anything yet, but Music Rebalance is interesting in that it might be useful for creating a backing track minus one part for practice or jamming. Has anyone tried that?

If you need to rebalance an already mixed track, izotope Ozone has an option that is very easy to use.

Another far cheaper option than either ozone or spectral layers is Acon Acoustica. It has a very effective rebalancing feature, plus many of the features that special layers has, at half the price.

https://acondigital.com/products/acoustica-audio-editor/

This has become my substitute for an old copy of Cool Edit Pro 2 that I used for those quick audio editing jobs that don't require CbB. Acoustica loads up in a second, is super fast at rendering and is not a CPU hog. I really recommend checking it out.

• Like 1