Does CbB ship with FX chain presets (or ProChannel presets) built solely from the included plugins/PC modules?

I mean Sonitus, Boost 11, TH3, Breverb 2  (for the tracks' bins) and PC76 U-Type Compressor, QuadCurve Equalizer, Softube Saturation, REmatrix Solo, Style Dial FX, etc (for the ProChannel) ?

In the documentation there is reference to these collections  http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.37.html

but they're built from plugins not included into CbB.

Edited by PopStarWannabe

FX Chains don't include PC modules. I checked all the "Mastering FX Chains" and they appear to be built with Sonitus plug-ins. I spot checked some of the others, some do contain Channel Tools which is not in CbB. Others were OK. So, yes CbB does ship with FX chain presets built solely from bundled plug-ins, however; there may be some referenced in the documentation that are built using plug-ins from SONAR.

3 minutes ago, scook said:

FX Chains don't include PC modules

Yes, there are FX Chains for the ProChannel as well. These are .pcp files (clicking Load Preset at the top of the ProChannel will open a window). The ones for the track bin are .fxc files.

The reason I am asking is when I try to load a preset, in both cases a folder opens which contains a lot of presets which are clearly inherited from a previous Sonar instalation, since they contain plugins not included in CbB. Folders are named FX Chain Presets and ProChannel Presets and are both under ...Cakewalk Content > Cakewalk Core.

I was interested if there were any presets created especially for Cakewalk by Bandlab, made only from the included plugins.

The pcp extension is used for ProChannel Presets. They are not the same as FX Chain presets.

An FX chain preset is a definition for collection of DX, VST2/3 plug-ins wrapped in the FX Chain module which may be loaded in either the FX Rack or ProChannel. The documentation link provided above did not discuss ProChannel Presets.

A ProChannel preset is a definition of a collection of PC modules and FX chain presets that may be loaded into the ProChannel.

You may consider PC presets as FX Chains but it can be confusing when using the terms interchangeably as they are treated differently by the DAW.

Yes, you're right. I remember now the difference.

However, please respond to my question if you can. In my oppinion, there are neither FX Chains presets nor ProChannel presets that were created from scratch for CbB.

What I saw in those two folders were inherited from a Sonar X2 installation that I have on my computer.

It was common practice for each release of SONAR to build on the previous releases. CbB pretty much follows that practice although re-badged for a different company.

I would not be surprised if some of the PC and FX Chain presets go back to X1. Other presets like drum maps and plug-in presets are much older. I doubt any new PC presets or FX Chains were made for CbB but have not bothered to perform the needed research to verify the claim either way.

It appears most of the effort regarding CbB so far has been in software development and documentation not content such as presets.

The documentation linked above looks like it was lifted from the last SONAR release (this is also a practice common to SONAR).

In response to the OP, I spent some time reviewing a few FX Chains mentioned in the documentation and found some were made with effects bundled with CbB but these were also in SONAR.

• Like 1

I have a ticket open with Bandlab support(with a request for screen dumps),with regards to some FX Chain presets referencing missing applications eg third party tools or non-Core build tools.

An example is one called Metallic Hydrogen,which contains an instance of Zeta,which doesn't appear in my core build.

Is this correct or is there a problem with my current build(the latest available 2018.11)?

Thanks,

Neil

As I noted in my original response, some of the FX Chains do reference plug-ins not bundled with CbB. I found Metallic Hydrogen in the Modern folder. The chain has 3 plug-ins in it:

• Z3ta+  fx2
  • Sonitus Compressor
  • Para-Q

Of these three, only the Sonitus Compressor is bundled with CbB. The other two plug-ins were bundled with several Cakewalk DAWs but have yet to be ported by BandLab.

• 1 year later...

Read this w/interest as I've been looking at these recently myself...

What I've been doing is extracting the individual FX and working w/the ones that are included, as well as seeing which of the earlier version plug-ins which are  not included have a "stand-in" that is. .for ex.the various saturation options,PX-64(my current go-to across the board),etc....

Have been checking things out online as well and would be interested in any feedback about-

-fxc.available online from other sources(i.e ones people have made themselves that are downloadable)

-which currently available plugins are being used by people in CbBL for ones like Channel Tools which( if I"m not mistaken) allowed for both M/S EQ'ng as well as stereo widening....