OrangeTree Holiday sale

fret_man

Surprised this hasn't been reported yet (according to the search I just made):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our holiday sale has begun! Until January 15th, our sample libraries and bundles are 30% OFF*!
Just use the following discount code in your cart when checking out:

Holiday2022

We're also including a download link to a bonus gift bundle of 20 freebies in every order confirmation email. If you downloaded last year's holiday freebie bundle, the difference is that the bundle now includes the "Guitar Feedback" freebie patch from this year's group buy.

Our holiday sale only lasts until January 15th, so don't miss out!

* Sale excludes our newly-released sample library, Evolution Baritone Electric

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious what the 20 freebies are. I already own everything from them, so I'll have to wait for one of you to report what they are.

Edited by fret_man
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, fret_man said:

I'm curious what the 20 freebies are. I already own everything from them, so I'll have to wait for one of you to report what they are.

These are the freebies from 2021:

8-String Ebow Pad
Angelic Bells
Brush Snare
Close Drums
Delphi Shakers
Finger Cymbal
Garage Rock Kit
Hulusi
Jazz Funk Kit
Mark Tree
Multiscripts
Panochord
Rainstick
Simple Steel
Sleigh Bells
Slide Flute
Sonoma Harp
Stomp Box
Timbales
TinyPiano

Edited by Olong Johnson

I've consulted to Orange Tree Samples and Greg is a friend, so you can easily count me as biased and disregard what I say (hey, I have teenage kids, I'm familiar with people disregarding what I say!), but anyone who knows me knows how hypercritical I am of things, including sample libraries, I've gotten devs I've made friends with upset at me for criticizing their libraries, but Orange Tree Samples makes the most realistic and intuitively scripted guitar and bass libraries that exist today, IMO. They were the first ones being used in final TV, movie, trailer and pop music productions and still are used by composers and musicians I admire. Not that I make music that will impress anyone, but I have pretty high standards for sample libraries and I use them in every production I do that uses guitar and bass. I started out as a superfan of Orange Tree Samples maybe 14 years ago and later did some consulting (I only found out two years ago from a friend that my name is in their manuals, sorry I just watch the videos or worse call Greg!), but I haven't consulted to them in several years, but remain a huge fan of their libraries and can say that Greg Schaeplfer was once a well kept secret among sample library KONTAKT programmers as  genius and innovator who gained notoriety for his work with Cinesamples. I have gotten to know three of his competitors -- who themselves make excellent libraries -- who  have told me that their guitar sample libraries were inspired by Greg's work and trying to reverse engineer what he does. 

Anyhow, that's my testimonial.  Biased for Greg Schaepfler as a human being? 100 percent. He's one of the best human beings I've ever met. Sincerely. But even if he wasn't, his company still makes the best guitar and sample libraries on the planet, IMO, of course. Now here's hoping I'm not making another guitar sample library developer I'm friends with upset. There are other quality developers making very good guitar sample libraries. But Orange Tree Samples continues to make the libraries they aspire to make their libraries as good as. 

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yep, best of the best. 

And it's total shameless self promotion, but I have been begging Orange Tree Samples founder to sample a Hofner 500/1 violin bass easily for for 13 years and this year when they did one, Greg asked me to do a demo for it considering the wait. And there's no way I'm qualified to do a demo. But I did and he put it up. Truth be told, after an injury 22 years ago stopped me from working as a musician, I stopped playing because I have pain after a few minutes of playing, but Greg was a giant part of persuading me to try playing music again last year, even if it's only for a few minutes at a time and he joined me adding additional guitar parts in this demo I/we did for Evolution Vintage Violin Bass. So if anyone likes it, I was playing everything in real time. I love the tone of this library. Going from the palm muted articulation to the regular articulation is so cool. I used, I  used a couple different Evolution guitars on the guitar parts I did ( I came up with the lead guitar, Greg redid the lead part after I ended up having a bunch of midi issues at the time and he added a bunch of harmonies and rhythm guitar arpeggio parts I just love).  This will probably be the only demo I ever do in my life and it's a medley made using my improvised melody over a chord progression from McCartney's "Dear Boy" and a McCartney-ish sounding song I wrote when I was 13/14 years old. Plus, I love any time I can use a Mellotron (the MTron Pro plugin, in this case) and a Wurli. 

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/audio/PeterDeLegge-DearPaul.mp3

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products/evolution-vintage-violin-bass

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

You guys are all too kind!

I'll be getting the word out about this soon--on the morning of December 25th we’re going to send out a free Kontakt Player instrument to everyone who has an Orange Tree Samples library. That includes whether you bought a library directly from our website or even through the license transfer system. Basically, if you have anything in the downloads section of your account, you'll be receiving a copy of the library. :)

If you have the store emails enabled in your account, there will be an email notification about it, otherwise just head over to the downloads section of your account on the 25th where you’ll find the download link and serial number to activate it in Native Access.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Greg Schlaepfer said:

You guys are all too kind!

I'll be getting the word out about this soon--on the morning of December 25th we’re going to send out a free Kontakt Player instrument to everyone who has an Orange Tree Samples library. That includes whether you bought a library directly from our website or even through the license transfer system. Basically, if you have anything in the downloads section of your account, you'll be receiving a copy of the library. :)

If you have the store emails enabled in your account, there will be an email notification about it, otherwise just head over to the downloads section of your account on the 25th where you’ll find the download link and serial number to activate it in Native Access.

Plugin addicts unite and let's make this man a multi millionaire during the next group buy.

• Haha 1