Costco during December is a gateway to HELL!

hockeyjx

For the last 2 years, the only time I get out of this house is to do groceries when my weekend begins, super early on Sunday morning. There are very few people out there that early, maybe 6 or 7 other customers in the whole store during the time I'm there, and very few cars on the street - but that's more than enough for me. 

I had a 3 day weekend a few months ago and went on a Saturday morning  instead. By anyone else's standards, it was still super quiet, but it was enough to shock me. 

Costco, man... I can't even begin to imagine!

Well, it starts in the parking lot insanity. We could get a spot within a block of the store for 15 minutes. Then people who get in to the entrance and JUST STOP, but don't pull to the side. Next, you have folks that don't want to stay in their "lane". Lastly, people who block an aisle stuffing their face with free samples and then park in the middle of the aisles. MOVE or GET OUT OF THE WAY(deliberate old man caps).

I usually go off-hours, as I work near one, but this visit was a favor for the lady.

I order online and have it delivered to my front door.

Problem solved.

Same for supermarket (Ralphs) too.

If I have to go to Ralphs in person, I go after 7:00PM.  Almost nobody there. I've been in there no more than 5 times since the initial COVID lockdown in 2020.

1 minute ago, Bapu said:

I tried to do that once, but was told "Sorry, she has to work here and can't be delivered."

(They said more about calling authorities and such, but that was the gist of it...)

😜

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Problem solved.

Same for supermarket (Ralphs) too.

If I have to go to Ralphs in person, I go after 7:00PM.  Almost nobody there. I've been in there no more than 5 times since the initial COVID lockdown in 2020.

Sadly, some items are in-store only and I refuse to do instacart.