5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I looked up Yellowstone.  Bad news / Good news: While it is part of the Paramount Network, "Yellowstone is not available on Paramount+ due to streaming rights, but don't worry — we've got super exciting Yellowstone-related series streaming now, plus there's more on the way from the universe of Yellowstone executive producer, Taylor Sheridan. Dec 19, 2022."

Here's the link for this ^^^ article (includes links to the webpages for the individual shows).

Maybe these will inspire more songs?

Haha - Maybe A Yellowstone song would be fun - Beth would play a key part, as would Jamie LOL.  The wife and I watch it - up to this year it has always been easy, but for some reason (which she knows and I don't) we have to record it first and watch it later.  That's fine by me - I think we still have to watch commercials but it's OK.

Thanks for providing more detail!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Loved it. Haven't seen the episode, but your video sets with the song and sets up the inevitable twilight zone twist!

I 100% got zero Steely Dan out of this, but how about They Might Be Giants? Your vocal is super clean and clear in the mix, and the bgv's are such great adds in great spots.

Kudos for the non-cliche chord changes. Well done! See you in Willoughby. They do have a band . . .

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks Tom - I didn't put in the very last scene from the episode.  I debated it but figured it would be better not to.  

It definitely shows my fan worship to Steely Dan LOL . I have to go back and review They Might Be Giants - somebody else mentioned them for another song I did.  

I really appreciate your feedback - comments like this make it all worthwhile.

Steve

Talking about tv show songs, a few years ago there was a show that featured a narrative song as part of the the "Last week on __________________" storyline recap at the beginning.  I thought it was very original and well done.  It might have been "Brain Dead."  That's on one of my Roku channels; I will double check to see if that's the one.  I am remembering an acoustic guitar and a humorous fast-talking narrative recap--accurate in terms of the storyline, but humorous the way it was told.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 12:37 PM, User 905133 said:

Talking about tv show songs, a few years ago there was a show that featured a narrative song as part of the the "Last week on __________________" storyline recap at the beginning.  I thought it was very original and well done.  It might have been "Brain Dead."  That's on one of my Roku channels; I will double check to see if that's the one.  I am remembering an acoustic guitar and a humorous fast-talking narrative recap--accurate in terms of the storyline, but humorous the way it was told.

I saw a couple of the newer Twilight Zone episodes this New Year - I didn't know that they had produced a new season.  They are in black and white which is cool and I thought they were well done.  I guess they have been around since 2020 but I hadn't heard about it.

As much as I hate to compare people to well know bands this really does sound like one of my favorite British bands from the 70's ( I will not mention them by name). This is a very well done "original" piece.  Excellent, with loads of admirable complexity to dig into. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:30 PM, FreeEarCandy said:

As much as I hate to compare people to well know bands this really does sound like one of my favorite British bands from the 70's ( I will not mention them by name). This is a very well done "original" piece.  Excellent, with loads of admirable complexity to dig into. 

Thank so much!  You can mention the name if you want - ok with me LOL!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

TZ fan here for sure!

👏

t

Thanks for stopping by.  TZ is a high point of my New Year's Eve, which for at least the last decade involved me staying home with the fam, drinking champagne appropriately, watching Twilight Zone and sometimes the 3 Stooges,  watching how crazy people are these days around midnight, wondering when Anderson Cooper will start looking like Guy Lombardo and falling asleep shortly after midnight strikes!

• Great Idea 1

• 2 weeks later...