Volume Controller disappears

Dana Elston

Hey guys - this is a new one to me. I'm working with the latest version of cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10. I have a midi keyboard track, I have a cakewalk Sonitus Reverb plugin on the track, and using a volume controller on the track as well.  I'm comparing the track by arming and disarming the reverb to hear if I like it or not. When I disarm the Reverb my volume controller disappears. But when I arm the reverb it does not come back. It's still there but I need to bring it back manually. I just tried adding a Pan Controller and it does the same thing. Hope the video helps. I don't know why the video is so large.  I have to zoom out to 50% to see the controller disappear at the bottom. Sorry.

It looks like your track header window (the part that contains the fx bin, routing and volume/pan/gain sliders is too narrow. Try widening it by dragging its rightmost boundary to the right. This will allow the controls to stack when displayed, so that the track can be more compact vertically.

th.png.17c7ae88f451ae3c184409c96911715b.png

I'm not referring to the volume controller in that area...I was referring to the actual track that displays the midi notes that have been recorded. I have the volume controller drawn in on that track (seen in lower right part of video). That is where it's disappearing. Things might be changing now. I just got a new PC that is far superior according to the specs needed for Cakewalk. I'll get back to you if I see it happen again. Thanks for responding bitflipper.

I think the OP is referring to automation envelopes visually disappearing and not reappearing when fooling with the FX Rack.

When creating an automation envelope via the "Clips" button, the envelope is initially displayed in the Clips Pane but will disappear completely when turning on/off the FX Rack or an individual FX in the Rack. The envelope is still there - just invisible until you open the Automation Lanes. Once you open them, the envelope will be there and no longer disappear when fooling with the FX Rack.

To clarify, the envelopes will never disappear once you open/close Automation Lanes -or- add nodes to the envelope. Why would the FX Rack have any affect on Automation Envelopes in the first place? This appears to be a BUG.

Just confirmed it also happens in Sonar Platinum but not Sonar X3, so . . .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...