Pro channel modules not loading

I have a problem with Rematrix Solo not loading in the pro channel. The file is still located in C:/Program Files/Cakewalk/Shared Utilities/internal/REmatrix Solo but does not show up in the prochannel.

The same thing happened a couple of days ago- one of the Console Emulators (just one) did not load, but has since returned.  Both files were sitting in the Console Emulator folder at the time of the problem.

This is puzzling- any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Another prochannel oddity!

I purchase the Softube FET Compressor and installed it- working normally in the channel inserts.

But- it also shows up in the prochannel lineup- problem being that when you select it in the prochannel, then cakewalk crashes- every time.

Not the biggest problem to avoid, but it would be nice to have it in the prochannel options, and to know what is going on.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, dennish said:

I purchase the Softube FET Compressor and installed it- working normally in the channel inserts.

But- it also shows up in the prochannel lineup- problem being that when you select it in the prochannel, then cakewalk crashes- every time.

In my experience FET Compressor v 2.5.46 worked as a ProChannel module, but when I quite recently upgraded to v 2.5.52 Cakewalk started to crash when the nodule was instantiated. Again, I might add, as this is an old problem that dates back a few years but at one time seemed to have been solved. Same with Softube’s Passive-Active Pack, containing the three EQs that also come as ProChannel modules; they seem to work in v 2.5.46 but not in v 2.5.52 or later. I guess the same is true for Softube's TSAR-1R Reverb although I haven’t tested it.

To bypass the problem I have personally rolled back my VST2 version of FET Compressor to v 2.5.46, but at the same time using the latest available VST3  for the effects rack. To my knowledge, ProChannel still only supports VST2, although @Noel Borthwick has said that he’s planning to make a VST3 ProChannel specification sometime in the future. Let's hope he'll find the time as VST2 soon seems to be a thing of the past.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your reply!

The version of FET Compressor installed is 2.5.55.  When inserted in the effects rack it shows up as VST2.

Softube Central installed it automatically, without any indication of choice of VST2 or VST3.  Is there a method to choose this, as well as the version number?

TSAR-1R shows up as VST3 but not in the prochannel.

I still had a copy of “FET Compressor.dll” v 2.5.46 tucked away, so as soon as I saw that v 2.5.52 made Cakewalk crash I simply replaced the new VST2 version in my VstPlugins folder with v 2.5.46 using copy/paste. I didn’t replace the 2.5.52 version of the VST3 plugin as I knew it had nothing to do with ProChannel. And once I later had updated to the current v 2.5.55, I yet again replaced the VST2 plugin with v 2.5.46.

The reason your VST2 shows up when inserted into the effects rack might be due to not having both check boxes ticked under Edit > Preferences > File > VST Settings > VST3 Migration. Of course, here I assume that you do have the VST3 folder specified in your VST Scan Paths on the same page. Personally I always use my own Plug-in Menu Layouts which gives me full control over their content.

My recommendation would be for you to send Softube a support ticket about the VST2 version of FET Compressor v 2.5.55 crashing Cakewalk when run as a ProChannel module and also nicely ask for a link to v 2.5.46 of that plugin. They might be able to help you. Of course, once the legacy VST2 plugin is installed, you should keep a copy of the resulting “FET Compressor.dll” tucked away. Until Softube finally fixes this issue, you will need it after every future Softube Central update for as long as you intend to use it in ProChannel.

Thanks for the reply.

The FET Compressor actually insert as VST3 when selected- that may have been a slip of the mouse, yet other different things are (or aren't) showing up. 

I started up my Sonar Platinum and found that Rematrix Solo appears in the pro channel, but still not in Cakewalk. Still more confusing is in the Sonar pro channel- two Console Emulators were inserted but remained blank (black), which is now what happens in Cakewalk with  pro channel FET Compressor, which now only crashes the program when you try to delete it!

Like I say, not the biggest problems, just a bit confusing. Thanks for listening