Update: Arturia Pigments V4.0

Frank

Gotta love Arturia. Still loads of development and innovation happening and the major updates for free.

It was already pretty comprehensive as it was, but they keep making it better and better.

Great example for lots of other developers, new and especially old.

The white skin does make it look a lot like MassiveX though for sure!

Can't wait to install the update and get into it 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

Gotta love Arturia. Still loads of development and innovation happening and the major updates for free.

I think the current system is a very smart AND customer friendly way of upgrading/updating. So a great combination. You get the update for free, but you have the option of buying extra presets specifically for that update (or at least launched together). This way as a customer I can decide myself if I want to 'pay' or not.

I could just say "thanks for the upgrade...bye!", or I can dip into a ton of presets which I probably wouldn't have gotten if they just released these without any update. I fell right into their very nice trap.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I think the current system is a very smart AND customer friendly way of upgrading/updating. So a great combination. You get the update for free, but you have the option of buying extra presets specifically for that update (or at least launched together). This way as a customer I can decide myself if I want to 'pay' or not.

I could just say "thanks for the upgrade...bye!", or I can dip into a ton of presets which I probably wouldn't have gotten if they just released these without any update. I fell right into their very nice trap.

In fairness it's not a bad trap to be caught it 🤣

I love that they also included a bunch of new presets, wavetables and  samples with the free update as well.

I couldn't hold off trying it and was just testing some of the new functionality out and man, this thing can get growly in such a good way with the new MS-20 filter and the new features they added... So glad I bought it and from memory, I think it was only $69. We get such good value these days 🙂

3 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

In fairness it's not a bad trap to be caught it 🤣

I love that they also included a bunch of new presets, wavetables and  samples with the free update as well.

I couldn't hold off trying it and was just testing some of the new functionality out and man, this thing can get growly in such a good way with the new MS-20 filter and the new features they added... So glad I bought it and from memory, I think it was only $69. We get such good value these days 🙂

That filter made me look at a hardware MS-20-mini again. That thing has been on and off my wishlist 6 times already 😄. I don't have the space anymore 😢

I really didn't need to buy another synth, but their fair upgrade prices got me again.

For some reason I couldn't see the Wavelengths presets. I googled for a solution and found out that deleting a temporary file called "db.db3" in "C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets" and restarting helps.

20 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

That filter made me look at a hardware MS-20-mini again. That thing has been on and off my wishlist 6 times already 😄. I don't have the space anymore 😢

Did you get the software version in V Collection 9? It’s that good, allows you to go polyphonic, and has the accompanying sequencer. 

6 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Did you get the software version in V Collection 9? It’s that good, allows you to go polyphonic, and has the accompanying sequencer. 

Yeah i have it, so I will probably delete it from my wishlist soon enough. I also have the Cherry Audio one. Like I said, I really don't have the space anymore. But sometimes I like to act like a child who gets to have unlimited gifts on his wishlist 😇

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fleer said:

do they include new samples or wavetables

Just screen-captured some of the folders from my Pigments.
Seems like there are new samples for the banks. But I only see two new samples under the 'Wavelengths' in samples and nothing along the lines of 'Wavelengths' in the wavetable.

I think there are new samples or wavetables, but just not a whole lot.

image.thumb.png.f7a2bfc7d01a7d16ec03d71093886532.png

image.png.869cb34e86655373a082699c841d83c1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Any additional samples in Wavelengths Lo-Fi or Wavelengths Cinematic?

I only saw one called "Guitar Picking 70 BPM" under Wavelengths Lo-Fi.
I think there are no additional samples for Wavelengths Cinematic.

Might not be worth it if you are only looking for additional samples or wavetables from these three packs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1