Scaler 2 updated to 2.7.1>> 2.7.3

Sander Verstraten

21 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Just wondering.. how does it compared to EZKeys?

A number of users on the Scaler forum (https://forum.scalerplugin.com/) use EZKeys and EZBass wih Scaler  (see https://forum.scalerplugin.com/t/scaler-2-toontracks-ezkeys-ezbass-and-ezdrums-3/11341 in the Scaler Tutorials Category).

My understanding is that they are two different but possibly complementary products.

• Like 1

my take on the reasons for buying Scaler is a bit different......

We (mostly!) spend lots of money on different sample sets - 101 virtual pianos - 1001 different compressor plugins - 2001 different softsynths.  The same big companies putting out more and more of the same old stuff.  In most cases, zero innovation. 

Scaler is doing something different and providing a useful and interesting composition tool.

It's a small developer - providing frequent updates - and doing something differently - and (in the UK) only £39.  What's not to like ?

If you can afford it then I can't see a decent reason not to buy it

(FWIW you could substitute UNIFY for scaler and the same would be true)

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

have you put a support ticket in ?

No. CW isn't on their list of supported DAW's (or at least wasn't last time I looked) so I guess there's a reason for that. In my experience PIB support is somewhat less than great so I can't be bothered.

I just like to moan about it when people on a CW forum say that there's no reason not to like it. 😀

15 hours ago, paulo said:

The way the UI habitually crashes when using it in Cakewalk.

Although CW is not on the list of supported DAWs there are Cakewalk users on the forum. So it can't be all bad. I suggest you raise the issue on the Scaler forum.

1 hour ago, Roger_L said:

Unify is, of course, a different application which has different uses. I like it,but not for me at present.

absolutely - what I meant is that it's similar, in that it's a small developer doing something a bit different, and it's reasonably priced. 

• 2 weeks later...

Scaler 2.7.2 Changelog:

- Filter SysEx messages from ScalerControl on M1.
- Handle bind velocity based on default or custom chord velocity.
- Prevent a crash with the next user set selector when the folder is empty.
- Fix a crash when sending too many change scale commands to multiple instances simultaneously.
- Fix an issue causing the auto-play to jump to the scale playback when browsing chord sets.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, simon said:

and bump again - we're on 2.7.3

(and comes with a code for a free 3 month subscription to loopcloud - if that's your thing)

Prevent a crash when loading an invalid state file.

Maintain timing information on the EDIT page when dragging new chords.

Fix the user chord sets list refresh using the custom user location.

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, simon said:

and bump again - we're on 2.7.3

(and comes with a code for a free 3 month subscription to loopcloud - if that's your thing)

With hopes that one forgets to cancel. 

If only they had check for update in the app.  I go crazy looking for it in my PB account.

Edited by kitekrazy

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I go crazy looking for it in my PB account.

That's the only negative I can see with Scaler. Otherwise a fantastic plugin with a great track record of frequent and free updates!

Maybe they will get bought up by Soundwide or Image Line and get the update checks right? ;)