How to get audio track in time

Joe Pishtey

If you drag your freely played audio track up to the timeline, a tempo map will be created and should display in the tempo view. Then the drums should follow the tempo changes. I believe you have to have Melodyne installed for this to work, but I think any version of Melodyne is acceptable, even the trial of Essential. Good luck!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Larry Jones said:

If you drag your freely played audio track up to the timeline, a tempo map will be created and should display in the tempo view. Then the drums should follow the tempo changes. I believe you have to have Melodyne installed for this to work, but I think any version of Melodyne is acceptable, even the trial of Essential. Good luck!

I'm using this trick to re-record some 20 year old songs where I want to keep vocals and some keys from the original multi tracks - while re-recording drums, bass, guitars, etc.  But there's only a very slight drift over a 4 minute window from the original drum machine I used.

I could be wrong but it may be that a better solution for the OP might be to use audio stretch to force the random performance to follow the drums instead - depending on how badly that performance swings.

I'm no audio stretch pro.  I've never been able to get my head around it no matter how many videos I've watched.