Interesting tidbit about JRR Shop - not a deal

Fleer

"Why the name JRR Shop?"

Over the years, many customers have asked "Why the name JRR Shop"? Some have even called up asking, "Can I speak to JR?". Well, folks, there's no JR here! Just Roots Records was a record label I started while I was in college. When I started JRR Shop, I thought you musicians would like knowing that you're buying from other musicians, and that having us be tied to Just Roots Records would endear us in your hearts. Alas, time has marched on and JRR Shop has since taken over as our great love, leaving Just Roots Records by the wayside. Now you can visit www.justroots.com to see our evil cats!

Feel free to call us "Just Roots Recording Shop", "Japan Rock & Roll Shop", or "Jelly Rolly Rocka' Shop". Whatever you decide to go with, just remember that with a name as bad as JRR Shop, we have to be good!

To all of you, from all of us at JRR Shop - Thank you and Happy Music Making!

Eric "Uncle E" Dahlberg
CEO and Founder

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

"Why the name JRR Shop?"

Over the years, many customers have asked "Why the name JRR Shop"? Some have even called up asking, "Can I speak to JR?". Well, folks, there's no JR here! Just Roots Records was a record label I started while I was in college. When I started JRR Shop, I thought you musicians would like knowing that you're buying from other musicians, and that having us be tied to Just Roots Records would endear us in your hearts. Alas, time has marched on and JRR Shop has since taken over as our great love, leaving Just Roots Records by the wayside. Now you can visit www.justroots.com to see our evil cats!

Feel free to call us "Just Roots Recording Shop", "Japan Rock & Roll Shop", or "Jelly Rolly Rocka' Shop". Whatever you decide to go with, just remember that with a name as bad as JRR Shop, we have to be good!

To all of you, from all of us at JRR Shop - Thank you and Happy Music Making!

Eric "Uncle E" Dahlberg
CEO and Founder

So nothing to do with Tolkien...

• Haha 9