Mndala Instruments - not a deal as such

Bajan Blue

Hi Guys

I purchased ARCA Mandala 1 a few months ago via a deal. I could never get it to work so waited for Mandala 2 to be released.

I have now loaded up Mandala 2 with ARCA and the free Rasa via the Pulse downloader.

It scans and loads in Cakewalk - I can then insert it in a project, but no matter what I do (like uninstalling / reinstalling) and no matter what settings I use in Cakewalk, I can get no sound out of it.

Has anyone got Mandala 2 working in Cakewalk?

Thanks

Nigel

55 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Guys

I purchased ARCA Mandala 1 a few months ago via a deal. I could never get it to work so waited for Mandala 2 to be released.

I have now loaded up Mandala 2 with ARCA and the free Rasa via the Pulse downloader.

It scans and loads in Cakewalk - I can then insert it in a project, but no matter what I do (like uninstalling / reinstalling) and no matter what settings I use in Cakewalk, I can get no sound out of it.

Thanks

Nigel

I run Cakewalk on a Windows 10 DAW PC running Cakewalk that was built specifically for DAW and had show stopping problems with Mandala 1 and put in a ticket with support with the developer. The developer contacted me  once and told me he'd get back to me in a week but I never heard from him again. I was able to get the plugin working with everything but the factory library (the one that comes free with the player).Abacab posted that he had Mandala 2 working well, and I think, like me, he's on Windows 10 (but not sure). I installed Mandala 2, but had problems and gave up on it. After seeing a number of posts from others having issues. I'll give it a try again in the future, when I have more time to deal with troubleshooting a problematic plugin. 

EDIT: I just popped open Mandala 1 and Mandala 2, neither is working for me. I really give up with this developer. He seems like a nice person in the forums, but the fact is, the plugin clearly has major, show-stopping problems. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I run Cakewalk on a Windows 10 DAW PC running Cakewalk that was built specifically for DAW and had show stopping problems with Mandala 1 and put in a ticket with support with the developer. The developer contacted me  once and told me he'd get back to me in a week but I never heard from him again. I was able to get the plugin working with everything but the factory library (the one that comes free with the player).Abacab posted that he had Mandala 2 working well, and I think, like me, he's on Windows 10 (but not sure). I installed Mandala 2, but had problems and gave up on it. After seeing a number of posts from others having issues. I'll give it a try again in the future, when I have more time to deal with troubleshooting a problematic plugin. 

EDIT: I just popped open Mandala 1 and Mandala 2, neither is working for me. I really give up with this developer. He seems like a nice person in the forums, but the fact is, is plugin clearly has major, show stopping problems. 

Thanks, really appreciate this.

I shall give up - really its not worth the effort!!

Nigel

• Like 1

I don't have Cakewalk installed, but everything is working in S1 for V2 for me.

Best way is to uninstall everything (plugin and libraries) and do a fresh install of the newest V2.

You need new serial, i got mine from the developer for the ones i bought directly from them and the for the ones i bought from Pluginboutique new serials where in my Pluginboutique account.

V2 libraries have to be registered and downloaded directly from within the plugin, not with Pulse.

27 minutes ago, kopa said:

I don't have Cakewalk installed, but everything is working in S1 for V2 for me.

Best way is to uninstall everything (plugin and libraries) and do a fresh install of the newest V2.

You need new serial, i got mine from the developer for the ones i bought directly from them and the for the ones i bought from Pluginboutique new serials where in my Pluginboutique account.

V2 libraries have to be registered and downloaded directly from within the plugin, not with Pulse.

Kopa

Thanks - interesting your comment re Pulse - I did not do that so if I do decide to try and get them to work, I will do as you suggest

Cheers

NIgel

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Guys

Thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I have only just got around to doing the v2 upgrade myself, and one thing I noticed was that some of the presets have the mod wheel assigned to volume with some also defaulting to zero.  So initially I couldn't hear anything from those libraries on certain patches e.g. bass single on Atma, until I happened to move the mod wheel. Maybe that's the issue for you, idk but worth mentioning just in case :) 

So these do seem to work ok in Cakewalk for me.

Two of them I bought or got for free from PluginBoutique (Atma, Orakle) and the other one is a freebie direct from Mntra (Rasa).

I also asked support about the other free library I had (Frcture), but they said that this is no longer supported in v2.

Edited by ZincT

Mndala2 is working well for me in both Cakewalk and StudioOnev6.  I am running Win11.  Hopefully, this gets worked out for you.  I had a couple of issues with the library browser not updating the UDW sounds and another issue with the placement of the samples.  I got a response within three days for both, and both issues were resolved.  

8 hours ago, kopa said:

I can confirm this. Pulse and the old serial numbers are for installing v1 libraries only.

Mndala 1 and Mndala 2 can run side by side on the same system. I am still running Mndala 1 because of Frcture (a free library for v1 not being continued).

I have installed everything else in Mndala 2 using the new serial numbers. For Mndala 2, you need the new serial number to download the library. The v1 serials for Pulse will not work in Mndala 2. Mntra support can assist you with serial numbers that you had registered in your account via Pulse.

9 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Abacab posted that he had Mandala 2 working well, and I think, like me, he's on Windows 10 (but not sure). I installed Mandala 2, but had problems and gave up on it. After seeing a number of posts from others having issues. I'll give it a try again in the future, when I have more time to deal with troubleshooting a problematic plugin. 

EDIT: I just popped open Mandala 1 and Mandala 2, neither is working for me. I really give up with this developer. He seems like a nice person in the forums, but the fact is, the plugin clearly has major, show-stopping problems. 

Best advice, clean install:

Uninstall Mndala 1 and Mndala 2.

Then delete folder "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MNTRA"  (this folder contains Mndala 1 and 2 settings that are not removed when you uninstall the program).

Then reinstall just Mndala 2. You will probably need your serial numbers to re-activate the libraries on your PC.

I'm running Windows 10. :)