SeaSirens

Wookiee

Sea Sirens Toys

GeGorce: 
MTPro, OB-E

Cherry Audio: 
Voltage Modular, using a generative patch that is creating random gates to trigger envelopes to create the sound of surf.
LFO's are used to pan the sound, vary the levels and effect filters, those LFO's are in turn modulated by other LFO's, modulated by LFO's
(Yes it does get messy)
This patch is in effect autonomous and each mix down brings a new surf pattern of sound.

PS-20, Elka X

Arturia: 
Mellotron, Augmented Voices

All FX are stock SONAR or CbB supplied FX. Composed, captured and mixed in Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoy.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

This sounds great , I really like this.

A question - why did you use both GForce MTPro and Arturia Mellotron?

Cool stuff my friend

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. There are some difference between the two's playback engine. The MTPro seems a little more authentic to me, I was brought up listening to Mellotron's Mood Blues, King Crimson, Yes, etc.  I also wanted to experiment with comparing the two.  You might of guessed the whole base of this tune is around vocal's, with only the OB-E providing some bass, the PS-20 providing the slightly off/jarring ARP pattern, the Voltage Modular providing the surf adding any other sound to it.

Again thanks for the ears, time and comments as always they are greatly appreciated.    

Really nice this one - my only suggestion would be to drop the "wibbles" (around 2 minutes 10 seconds in) back in the mix and/or take some high end off them and whack them through more delay.  They jumped out a bit too much compared to me (and this comes from someone who is a VCS3 fan :-)).  What did you use to make them?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

Really nice this one - my only suggestion would be to drop the "wibbles" (around 2 minutes 10 seconds in) back in the mix and/or take some high end off them and whack them through more delay.  They jumped out a bit too much compared to me (and this comes from someone who is a VCS3 fan :-)).  What did you use to make them?

If  I understand you that is actually Cherry Audio's Elka-X. I would revisit this but the brown sticky stuff is particularly present at the moment we are having to consider something neither want but is probably far the best. 

I do appreciate your ears, time and suggestions given the chance I will remix.

Thanks Kevin. 

22 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Cool Ride .  This one could use a video ..  I loved the way the volumes stepped up in the different sections. I especially liked the build up after the 3 Min mark. I did think the ending could have been faded ..    Very impressive mix ..   mark

It was originally some 8 plus minutes but I thought I had to account for the 3:30 boredom crowd.

I am working on the idea of some video's just looking for the right tool(s) any suggestions greatly received do not mind buying something, but do not want any subscription stuff I have enough of those some disguised as updates (Arturia springs to mind)

I do appreciate you taking the time to have a listen and share your thoughts, thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

I loved this Wookiee - the stereo panning effects sound stellar in my headphones - I agree with Mark that some (seascape?) video would accompany this very well.

Terrific work.

Andy

The panning is actually random, see the earlier post about random triggering. 

Nice to know you enjoyed this, thank you for listening and commenting