Stop Code

bayoubill

I go into my DAW and do what I always do. I start playing with a drum synth then record a bass line with it and jam.

Today my pc stopped for about 10 seconds  and rebooted. It happened 3 times. I've never seen this before. Has anyone else ran into this? 

There's something about a stop code then a countdown then reboot

Very frustrating when I just want to play

Thanks for responding!

No my Audient  iD14 broke down and I've just been opening new projects to practice or jam with.

I did recently update windows. I'm also using my POD HD500x till my Audient comes back

Frustrating trying to down a backing track and all of a sudden the pc is rebooting

Could be one of any number of things... The reboot suggests overheating or maybe malware.

I see you have a Studio Cat-built system.  I suggest you give Jim Roseberry a call... Maybe he can remote in and figure out what the problem is.

Yes, I have seen that on at least three occasions I can recall.

Once it was a defective power supply. Once it was dust-clogged fans. The third time it was defective capacitors on the motherboard (if anyone remembers the Dell fake-cap episode some years ago).

So yup, it's hardware. First step: open your computer and give it a thorough cleaning, especially the power supply and CPU fans.

• Like 2

My old desktop pc started doing that a lot.  I eventually heard a tick in my tower. After pulling a plastic cover off I could see a wire from my main power switch was arcing on the frame.  Super fast blip was making it reboot. Id check your power connections just in case ..