Melodyne 5 Studio

timboalogo

I 100% agree with always redo a part if you screw up.  I actually record my tracks from start to finish without punching in if I can help it.  I make a mistake, delete and redo until it is the best I can do. I don't keep half baked tracks. I definatly hate Comping. 

But in some cases that best I can do contains very small errors I didn't notice right away.  It might be on projects I'm re mixing a year later. I have no clue what guitar, amp or signal path I used. The track might be the result of 20 takes or one magical moment in 1,000.   This is not turd polish but perfecting the almost perfect! And Only I will know that it happened. God bless digital audio workstation recording. 

Still havn't had time to try it out. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, hockeyjx said:

The less "turd polishing" you have to do, the better! 🤢

Also, I did the Studio upgrade in version 4, NEVER regretted it.

What to regret? I've used the studio version many times in other studios and LOVED IT. But not so much in CbB with ARA technology running as a plugin, the edit version suits my needs and workflow perfectly and doesn't cause eye strain.

I'm not interested in polishing turds, but I have been known create vocal harmonies, stretch or shrink phrases as an example to let others who don't understand music theory know what I have in mind, remove sibilance, and breath noises, or to move a missed note or 2 in pitch/place in an otherwise killa track.

That "Oh let Steev fix it in the mix" BS gets old with me really quick. 

One of the BAD things about Melodyne is, if you keep correcting mistakes and make performances sound better than then they can actually are, NOONE will ever focus and improve and REALLY embarrass themselves in live performances Ya know, as in the ONLY VENUES AND places where we actually make any money, MAKE REAL FANS & SELL merch for REAL MONEY? 💲😵💲 that ya can use to purchase Melodyne 5 Studio without a seconds thought, to have instantaneous fun running on your superduper completely paid for never run out of power killa powerhouse studio/computer/ workstation with? 😎

Edited by Steev
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Steev said:

What to regret? I've used the studio version many times in other studios and LOVED IT. But not so much in CbB with ARA technology running as a plugin, the edit version suits my needs and workflow perfectly and doesn't cause eye strain.

I'm not interested in polishing turds, but I have been known create vocal harmonies, stretch or shrink phrases as an example to let others who don't understand music theory know what I have in mind, remove sibilance, and breath noises, or to move a missed note or 2 in pitch/place in an otherwise killa track.

That "Oh let Steev fix it in the mix" BS gets old with me really quick. 

One of the BAD things about Melodyne is, if you keep correcting mistakes and make performances sound better than then they can actually are, NOONE will ever focus and improve and REALLY embarrass themselves in live performances Ya know, as in the ONLY VENUES AND places where we actually make any money, MAKE REAL FANS & SELL merch for REAL MONEY? 💲😵💲 that ya can use to purchase Melodyne 5 Studio without a seconds thought, to have instantaneous fun running on your superduper completely paid for never run out of power killa powerhouse studio/computer/ workstation with? 😎

We agree., we'd rather have better takes. That was my main point.

• Thanks 1

I will often do a few takes, edit and use Melodyne to correct it, then sing along with that for a couple of days and then re-record the vocal track. It usually only takes one or two takes and requires little correction after that.

But as I am formulating the vocal melody, I can be all over the map so it helps to do some editing and correction to make it what I finally want to sing. Then learn and sing that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1