Sonokinetic Day 6 - Sordino Strings

cclarry

3 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I have these so they were probably a freebie last year. *checks notes* Yep. 13th of December 2021.

But the full price was €74.90 back then.  How come it's now €299? Are they going 8dio on us?

yes, missed that one last year

re: pricing.......odd - this page says $99

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/

I'd suggest an accidental typo rather than an 8dio (or waves !)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simon said:

yes, missed that one last year

re: pricing.......odd - this page says $99

https://www.sonokinetic.net/sale/

I'd suggest an accidental typo rather than an 8dio (or waves !)

You're right. It shows €99 when you put it in the cart. It's also possible that the €74.90 in my receipt was a discounted price, I can't remember.

The €299 is still strange, though. I would expect their website to fetch the prices straight from the product database.

23 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

You're right. It shows €99 when you put it in the cart. It's also possible that the €74.90 in my receipt was a discounted price, I can't remember.

The €299 is still strange, though. I would expect their website to fetch the prices straight from the product database.

Yes, I confirm you that the regular price was $99 and $75 with discount

Anyway... any comment about Sordino Strings?
Because I lost the opportunity to get it the last year but I wanted to get it... and I am thinking about it...
Any comment is appreciated

Edited by Niky Serrano
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Yes, I confirm you that the regular price was $99 and $75 with discount

Because I lost the opportunity to get it the last year but I wanted to get it... and I am thinking about it...

I think many libraries have sordino in them.  I see it for those who hoard strings.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

Yes, I confirm you that the regultar price was $99 and $75 with discount

Any comment? Here's some from VI-Control:

Those are some of the best sordino strings I have ever heard. The violins and viola both have that sweet, silky warm tone that only live instruments typically can create. This is a hit in my book!!!

I’ve been in the market for a string library with pure sordino legato for the longest time. These are some of the best I’ve heard and super affordable too so this couldn’t be more perfect!

Just as with Orchestral Strings, my goodness, the tone @Sonokinetic BV is capturing is just something else.

Then again, this library didn't come up when someone asked for a favorite sordino string library, but there weren't any sub $50 libraries listed anyway.

I forgot I had these so I haven't used them, but the demos sound really sweet. If I didn't have them I would be very tempted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pseudopop said:

Any comment? Here's some from VI-Control:

Then again, this library didn't come up when someone asked for a favorite sordino string library, but there weren't any sub $50 libraries listed anyway.

I forgot I had these so I haven't used them, but the demos sound really sweet. If I didn't have them I would be very tempted.

I don't consider VI Control as expert opinions compared to hear.  They are easily attracted to new.  They rarely tell it like it is if developers are on there.

29 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

Sordino strings - great library, great sounds, great dev - direct dl from ni access - 22 gb instaled. Prize is very fair

edit - some users from VI use the €12 coupon from sonokinetic to make it cheaper

Coupon? Did I miss something? That would make it very interesting.

36 minutes ago, Kreveta Puket said:

Sordino strings - great library, great sounds, great dev - direct dl from ni access - 22 gb instaled. Prize is very fair

edit - some users from VI use the €12 coupon from sonokinetic to make it cheaper

For me, with the coupon and VAT included... 32€ as final price

• Like 2

Sorry to derail the thread once again...

45 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't consider VI Control as expert opinions compared to hear.  They are easily attracted to new.  They rarely tell it like it is if developers are on there.

I can't say for sure about any of that, but that is not my general impression. Please don't take this as an attack because it's not, but I want to offer my counter-opinions to yours:

59 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't consider VI Control as expert opinions compared to hear.

There are a lot of professional composers there who work with orchestral libraries daily. I'd say that makes at least some of them experts. Hans Zimmer at least is, though I don't think he has shared his opinion about any library. Of course there are also people who don't know much about anything, but that's why you should never take anyone's opinion as the holy truth.

58 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They are easily attracted to new.

I have no idea if they are easily attracted to new. I'd guess not anymore than folks over here. What I do know that whenever someone asks for recommendations, the usual suspects tend to pop up, not the latest and shiniest libraries. Like I wrote earlier, Sordino Strings got a lot of praise when it was released but not much publicity after that. In a few threads where it was later mentioned people still liked the sound but disliked the interface.

58 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They rarely tell it like it is if developers are on there.

There is a pretty strict of code of conduct, but I have definitely seen people often saying bad things about libraries even if the developer is there. There are fan clubs for sure, but I'd say that there are more than enough people who love to point out the different flaws a library has to counter whatever positive bias there might otherwise be.

I think the biggest weakness of VI-Control is that people over there seem to have very, very deep pockets. So if you'd ask there if you should buy some $50 library, many would reply "no, buy this $500 library instead".

VI-Control is not perfect but it's the best I've found. You need to read a lot of the threads there to learn the general direction of the wind and when recommendations and opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, but if you can point me to a better source of information about orchestral libraries I'd love to hear it.

Seriously, because that kind of information is really hard to come by and these things are expensive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Sorry to derail the thread once again...

I can't say for sure about any of that, but that is not my general impression. Please don't take this as an attack because it's not, but I want to offer my counter-opinions to yours:

There are a lot of professional composers there who work with orchestral libraries daily. I'd say that makes at least some of them experts. Hans Zimmer at least is, though I don't think he has shared his opinion about any library. Of course there are also people who don't know much about anything, but that's why you should never take anyone's opinion as the holy truth.

I have no idea if they are easily attracted to new. I'd guess not anymore than folks over here. What I do know that whenever someone asks for recommendations, the usual suspects tend to pop up, not the latest and shiniest libraries. Like I wrote earlier, Sordino Strings got a lot of praise when it was released but not much publicity after that. In a few threads where it was later mentioned people still liked the sound but disliked the interface.

There is a pretty strict of code of conduct, but I have definitely seen people often saying bad things about libraries even if the developer is there. There are fan clubs for sure, but I'd say that there are more than enough people who love to point out the different flaws a library has to counter whatever positive bias there might otherwise be.

I think the biggest weakness of VI-Control is that people over there seem to have very, very deep pockets. So if you'd ask there if you should buy some $50 library, many would reply "no, buy this $500 library instead".

VI-Control is not perfect but it's the best I've found. You need to read a lot of the threads there to learn the general direction of the wind and when recommendations and opinions should be taken with a grain of salt, but if you can point me to a better source of information about orchestral libraries I'd love to hear it.

Seriously, because that kind of information is really hard to come by and these things are expensive.

Those are the easy ones to weed out to trust.  There's only a few I'd trust.  Most of them are working on projects and don't have time to comment. I've been on there a long time going back when the users were on the NSS. I've figured out the landscape.  I tend to trust advice here more often based on what you said.  

Sometimes the sample library discussions are entertaining.   That place can be toxic.

APD is practically blacklisted.

You really have to weed through to get some honesty because it they are obsessed with shiny and new.  

They are not my first source for information but still helpful since developers don't have working demos.   

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Hmm I registered the serial in Native Acces but it doesn't show up. Maybe it's busy season. Will check again in a couple of hours. World Cup time!

Ah, I see the problem. As usual, it's somewhere between the screen and the chair. I already got it last year. So I opened a ticket, because I got the exact same serial.

• Thanks 1