Forever29 Voucher (not a deal) [SOLVED]

Bapu

/rant-on

So, the 8th is when I get my 4evah29 voucher after my CC is charged for the $29.99

Yesterday: $29.99 was charged to my CC

Yesterday and Today: No friggin' voucher

Conclusion: not a deal (yet)

/rant-off

EDIT [14 Dec 20220] solved, they finally emailed me my code. Kichhoff EQ is mine

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, TerraSin said:

I cancelled mine 2 days ago. I forgot to last month so I got a spare code to hold on to. Seems it's only good for one year now though according to the email so I hope they put out something worth buying between now and then.

I'm kind of in the same boat. After Kirchhoff EQ this month, with my voucher, I plan to save up 2 more vouchers and then cancel my sub. 

I have 154 of their plugs and the remainder (after Kirchhoff EQ) are not things I ever want.

Edited by Bapu

8 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

I cancelled mine

yep (a few months ago) as too many possible purchases were coming in under 4evah29.

3 minutes ago, Bapu said:

it's only good for one year now

🤞 for something worth buying. they seem to be stuck on eqs, saturation, comps. knob count, etc and (re)inventing  as many different  purchase strategies as possible. hopefully they're buying time until they come up with something that realizes the potential value of Soundwide, like a completely re-imagined and modern take on Kontakt. (iZotope has some UX/UI chops, put 'em to work.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Is it expiration 1 year after cancelling or 1 year always?

I'll let you know the answer to that when I get a reply, which according to the Auto-Response could be longer than normal, so I'm expecting later than a couple of days at the minimum.

I have 3 codes in the bank and will be getting another one on the 19th, then 2 a month from then, I hope, but don't think they will be releasing anything I'm interested in quick enough. Depending on the reply to my q's I might cancel 1, if I get it in writing that they don't expire, well . . . wait and see I guess.

Already got all I want from the current line up with 134 total.

8 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Is it expiration 1 year after cancelling or 1 year always?

Somewhere it was posted as 12 months after subscription cancellation the codes will expire.  Can't find where it was officially now though.  

Thought that was lame as that certainly isn't anywhere close to forever. 

34 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Somewhere it was posted as 12 months after subscription cancellation the codes will expire.  Can't find where it was officially now though.  

Thought that was lame as that certainly isn't anywhere close to forever

The forever bit is in reference to the perpetual license.

FOREVER 29 – The Details: 

F29 is a subscription plan that gives you 1 perpetual (aka "forever") plugin license every month, at just $29.99/mo + $1 per plugin.
Pick ANY PA plugin once a month, including the newest releases and even the upcoming hits! 

We will not accept new subscribers for the FOREVER 29 plan after October 18.

But, if you are already subscribed to FOREVER 29, we will honor your subscription and will continue to send you monthly $1 codes, as long as you don't cancel.

The same is true, if you sign up now before October 18. So hurry, if you want to join!

If you cancel F29 after Oct 18, you won't be able to re-subscribe to FOREVER 29.

From one of the Emails I received during the recent 48hour flash sale for forever$29 subscriptions.

8 hours ago, heath row said:

The forever bit is in reference to the perpetual license.

From one of the Emails I received during the recent 48hour flash sale for forever$29 subscriptions.

I'll need to check the way back machine, but I could have sworn at the initial launch the codes were expected to be valid without some short term expiration date.  This issue only came up when they decided to quickly discontinue the program.  The FAQ they created for it was pretty liberal allowing you to sign up as much as you want quit whenever and rejoin at any time, etc.  

PA deals look like a marketing study to determine price inflection points for whatever they're selling. The Forever $29 could've been designed to pull in impulse buys for newer products ahead of their regularly scheduled price reductions. checking the price history for a plugin would be interesting (if it hasn't already been done).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackson white said:

PA deals look like a marketing study to determine price inflection points for whatever they're selling. The Forever $29 could've been designed to pull in impulse buys for newer products ahead of their regularly scheduled price reductions. checking the price history for a plugin would be interesting (if it hasn't already been done).

As long as I've been buying from them and informally tracking such things for the "top" releases.  It seems expecation was about a year or more before you would see that kind of discount.  And it seemed even longer than that to get to that price point without a voucher.  

The program was designed to drive more sales early on since very few people will fork over $150 for an EQ, Comp, etc anymore.  Apparently the math didn't work out well enough for them so they dropped the offer.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

Still no love on my Dec Forever29 voucher code.

Looking back at my 9th December Forever29, the PayPal receipt came in at 1.02am and the code from PA came in at 1.02am, pretty much how it alwas is, they both come together right now, over me, shhhtt dmmm, .   .    .    .    whooaah, freaky man, don't know what happened there, anyway you certainly got something in the way she moves going on there, so have I I think, I'm going to have a lay down sally  down down deeper and down I'm out of here 😵

From my cancellation email:

"NOTE: If you have cancelled a FOREVER 29 plan, you will still be able to use the plugins you have purchased with your $1 codes... forever! Also, if you have unused $1 codes you can still use them in the future or pass them on to other users. The $1 codes will remain valid for at least 12 months after you have cancelled your FOREVER 29 plan!"

So "at least" 12 months with no firm timeline.

• Like 1

I got a reply from PA, first my question, then the reply

Hi, just reading a discussion on a forum, and I just wanted to get it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Regarding the retired Forever $29 subscription, do the codes expire? I was under the impression that they don't, but if so is it after 1 year? or is it non expiring if you remain active, and only expiring for those who have cancelled out?

I have 3 codes sitting there and that number is only going to grow if there are no new releases that interest me. I already have 134 PA plugs and not really interested in what's left.

So if you could let me know what the story is that would be great.

Jeff

Answer

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out.

They do not expire. 

Best,

Mikey

mastering.studio | Plugin Alliance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

deets + highlight from Sept to add to @heath row's post. so it's at least 12 months but any expectations beyond that are not committed.

"Subscription Cancelled

Dear (Deal Forum),

As requested, we have cancelled your Plugin Alliance Subscription.

The monthly and yearly licenses of your cancelled subscription(s) will remain usable until the end of your current billing cycle.

NOTE: If you have cancelled a FOREVER 29 plan, you will still be able to use the plugins you have purchased with your $1 codes... forever! Also, if you have unused $1 codes you can still use them in the future or pass them on to other users. The $1 codes will remain valid for at least 12 months after you have cancelled your FOREVER 29 plan!

We’re sorry to see you go, but we appreciate that you have used our plugins and services. Please feel free to start a new Subscription or just visit www.plugin-alliance.com at any time.

Thank you for supporting us!

Best wishes,
The Plugin Alliance Team"