Feature Request: UI Updates

SirWillyDS12

A small list of a few User Interface updates that I think would be very convenient\useful...

1. "Grey Out" midi faders and pan controls that have "Disabled Control" enabled... Kind of the same as when you archive a track, the M S R buttons are greyed out... Or even put the value in parentheses (101)... Many times I will disable these controls if I'm adjusting them in an another place, be it a plugin or on a synth... If you move them they "auto-enable" and will send the midi data to the plugin or keyboard... I may not always remember what the parameter was set at... If the controls are "greyed out" visually it would serves as a reminder, don't adjust me... 😃 ... Perhaps some of these may have been requested before...

2. Ability to "Re-Order" the instruments in the Synth Rack...

3. Ability to move\relocate the flyout QuadCurve EQ...

4. Track Properties Tab , Inspector, Description... A visually indication if a note has been added to a track in this area, the button a different color...

5. Tempo Tab in Inspector... A visually indication if there are tempo changes in the project, the button a different color...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SirWillyDS12 said:

1. "Grey Out" midi faders and pan controls that have "Disabled Control" enabled...

I kind of like this idea except that it violates the convention that a grayed-out object isn't available and can't be changed, which could be confusing to to noobs. The parens around the value are enough for me but need be replicated in the Inspector.

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

I kind of like this idea except that it violates the convention that a grayed-out object isn't available and can't be changed, which could be confusing to to noobs. The parens around the value are enough for me but need be replicated in the Inspector.

As the default state of these controls when you insert a midi track is disabled I can see your point...