Uvi Sparkverb 29$

Carlos  Iglesias

2 hours ago, Zo said:

i think i skipped this one because it had no pre delay or am i mistaking ??

From UVI in the comments on the video...

There are several reasons why we didn't include a pre-delay in Sparkverb : • we've tried hard not too have too many parameters, that was a design goal, the absence of distinct early/late is also a design choice, it doesn't mean there's no early reflexions and late reverb, just that we've tried to keep it simple and always good sounding, and we've gone to great length to ensure that it sounds great in all settings.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walter Cruz said:

The pre-delay knob is actually right there on the upper left of the title screen of the video.
I guess they updated the title screen on an older video - didn't want to waste a Dan Worral presentation...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Sparkverb or TaiChi...only room for one more reverb...at the moment.

Lots of people praise TaiChi but I'm not a fan just personally. Hard to be sure if it's the ugly brown UI psychologically influencing my opinion but it seems to produce a tone I don't ever desire. 

I have Falcon with Sparkverb in it (it can't be used as an external effect) and I think it's a pretty high quality reverb for bread and butter stuff but it doesn't strike me as particularly unique in terms of the tone it produces. So these are two pretty different reverbs. You might like both, or neither. I'd demo them first. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Agreed.

While Tai Chi has a number of interesting effected verbs some of the clean ones are wonderful
Tai Chi | Acoustic Guitar 1 Clean in Tai Chai Audio Examples (soundcloud.com)

OK I've gone back and done a bit more of a deep dive... turns out Tai Chi (full version) does sound wonderful with the right combination of program to material. The Rhodes Spark preset is just magical on a Rhodes electric piano for instance. It has a really surprising range of tones from clean to colour to downright dirty.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’d say the best reverb deal ATM is the iZotope Holiday Bundle ($49 at PluginBoutique). It has that amazing Exponential Audio Stratus, plus Insight for metering and Ozone Elements as well as Neutron Elements. 

Sadly, the IZOGIFT25 code doesn't work on the bundle

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, Zo said:

i think i skipped this one because it had no pre delay or am i mistaking ??

Yes, you're right, ARVerb Room has no explicit pre-delay knob;  its part of the "Distance" control (aka Front/Back knob).

It delays every reflection by an amount calculated from the room shape and the placement. So, on average it acts as a pre-delay, but it also subtly changes the shape of the reverb to match the physics of a real room. For instance, this "pre-delay" is consistent with the room size, and won't exceed the round trip of the sound between the source, and so on.

Edited by Alexandre Ratchov
say "this" refers to "arverb room"