Pilot Pulgins

Lynn Davis

just an addendum - technically you can compile C# all the way down to machine level -- however -- because compilers have limitations, you can end up with a potential for unsafe execution in terms of memory and IO allocations etc. whereas explicitly managing the memory and IO (those being more complex and thusly prone to developer mistakes) can reduce the chance that bad things like memory overruns and locked files etc crash things.  you tend to be more safe than taking managed code down to machine level. and when nanoseconds matter...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:03 PM, Variorum said:

Don't mean to sound snooty, but I wish developers would take the time to write plug-ins in the native language of DAWs (C/C++) rather than taking the easy way and coding in C# and hoping everything bridges correctly...

Then you'd have plugins which leak memory instead of just crashing...But they'd call it a feature!

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 9:01 PM, Lynn Davis said:

Hey Guy,Capture.PNG.295b99b0de288bf29acb0616900328dd.PNG

I was curious if anyone has successfully used this plugin by Mixed in Key? It crashes Cakewalk every time I try to insert it into an Instrument track. I've contacted Mixed in Key, but they haven't found a solution yet. 

Thanks!

Lynn

Hi, I raised a ticket with Caewalk and they have been working for weeks trying to get the "Pilot Plugins" working unfortunatley to no avail on their end. I am very grateful for the many updates I have received from Cakewalk by Bandlab -CBB advised they would need to reach out to MIK    unfortunately it looks like a brick road has been hit as Mixed in Key have indicated in the response from yesterday.
"

Hi Simon and xxxxxxx

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

We are aware that some DAWs, including Cakewalk, do not work with our plugins. We are a small company with limited resources, so we chose to support the DAWs mentioned previously. Supporting all DAWs would require a lot more development time to iron out bugs which we are unable to do unfortunately.  

It's possible, in time, that we might look to support other DAWs that are not currently supported. 

I'm sorry we're unable to offer a working solution to this at this time. 

Best,

Andy - Mixed In Key