Acoustica Mixcraft 10

cclarry

Just now, ralfrobert said:

Just installed V9 just to take a look after two years. I have to say as I am spoiled by using Studio One, it doesn't impress me any more. However, I am very interested in V10, too. 

I'm still getting up to speed with Studio One which is quite impressive.  The big draw for me are its composition tools, like chord track and harmonic editing.  It's a little busy for my needs, but with some time,  it'll be good.

4 hours ago, pbognar said:

I'm interested to see how they're going to differentiate themselves from all the free / low priced alternatives out there.

They already did that when Sony stopped doing software.  Just like all DAWs they have faithful users.

Plus this is a very small developer.

Mixcraft has some very nice features that I would like to see implemented in Cakewalk. Numero uno that I can think of is that their markers have "tails" that extend down to the bottom of the last visible track. This helps sooooo much with editing/comping. Despite this, though, Mixcraft lacks Cakewalk's more robust clip linking.

Of course, Mixcraft has also had a more useful Performance Panel (in comparison to Matrix View) and those integrated sampler instruments.

Still, after I got my taste of the first couple of CbB releases, Mixcraft seemed somehow incomplete. Let's hope the 10 release remedies this.

I think it's a great DAW to start out with, and even continue with depending on one's needs. It follows "industry standards" well enough that the skills developed translate to other DAW's like Cakewalk and Studio One.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...