A National Acrobat (Black Sabbath cover)

Leadfoot

Hi everyone. I haven't been around in a while. Life gets in the way sometimes. Anyway, I was messing around in the studio while recovering from a hip replacement and threw down this old Sabbath song. Hope you like it!

Edited by Leadfoot
  • Like 9

Would have a hard time discerning from the original.   Recording is a little cleaner, more modern, but it sounds very much like the original.    Surprising how you are able to capture Ozzy's tone and vibe, I have never heard anyone really come close.   Really good listen.

Regards

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markno999 said:

Would have a hard time discerning from the original.   Recording is a little cleaner, more modern, but it sounds very much like the original.    Surprising how you are able to capture Ozzy's tone and vibe, I have never heard anyone really come close.   Really good listen.

Regards

Thanks Mark! I really appreciate you giving it a listen. Believe it or not, for better or worse, my voice just sounds like that. There were parts in the song that I emphasized consonants or something like Ozzy did in the song, but the rest is pretty much my natural tone. I'm glad it sounds close to the original to you. That's what I was going for. I spent days just trying to recreate Bill Ward's drum track with BFD3, trying to match his wandering tempo and get the fills and overall feel right. I think it came out pretty close. Thanks again man!

5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Leadfoot One of my favourites from the Sabbath Bloody Sabbath album, I think this is a good cover, mix sounds good here on my Events, little more weight in the kick would be cool, but it is your mix and if it make your ears smile then it's good.  :)

Thank you @Wookiee

It's one of my favorites too! I was going back and forth about how much kick to put in it. Maybe I should go back over it again. I appreciate you taking the time to check it out!

8 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Hi m8, this one really is great ... all the way, your vox is not strained at all and the mix ( to me ) is SPOT ON! .. so unique to get a great vocal with metal ... love it great cover!

ATB

Steve

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate you giving it a listen!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

wow, missed this for a month!

i loved the 'sabbath bloody sabbath' album when it came out...

played along with all these songs.

excellent 'pure' cover.

with your  voice you could cover almost any sabbath...

maybe not 'hole in the sky'....LOL, holy crap, that song.

great guitar tones, excellent drum programming, great groove.

yea, this would fool most people casually listening, they'd say something like "hey, sabbath remastered their old stuff again! great!"

• Like 1

I can't agree with the rest of the comments enough.  Simply a great cover. I really don't know much about sabbath, but you guys rocked it hard. I mean that wholeheartedly.

The only thing that struck me, and it is maybe just me, but it looked like you were using a teleprompter, but then again, maybe the videographer was flashing her attributes, in which case it was amazing that you remembered the lyrics!

Do some more of these please.

• Like 1