"Marquette County Line" - with HORNS

Barry Seymour

Love the lyric! Sounds like a good ol boogie song! The mix sounds pretty good to me. A couple things I would do is bump the rhythm guitars up by about a half a dB, and give the lead guitar a little high mid, then you might need to cut the lead track by a half to one dB after bumping the high mid. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Much enjoyed Barry! As always, great storytelling.

👍's 👏

I'm guessing these are shots from back in the day?

t

one little crit, you're overdoing the drive a bit on the one guitar (the mid-rangey strat?)

Too late! It's out!  I turned it up to 11. 😁

And yeah, those pix are from FIFTY YEARS AGO. 😲

Edited by Barry Seymour
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:22 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

I feel like I've been in that band. Lyrics great, vocals great, horn lines work a treat. Are the horns going into a plate reverb? They sound smooth up top, very very nice.

Here's hoping you get your lottery reunion.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks!

I had two horn players who tracked their parts at home; the alto sax player did his bit, then I tweaked and fixed it where needed. Then the trumpet player played his three parts using that as a reference track. I have them all on separate tracks but they're going through one bus, which I applied compression. I centered all the horns but then used a free plugin called 'wider' to give it a sort of faux separation; it gives the horns a more intimate, unified feel, oddly enough.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...