Not-a-deal FL-Studio 21 Released

Brian Lawler

Every time they do a new release I install and look it over again (gotta love the free update policy).  There are a ton of great features, but am I the only person that is completely put-off by the MIDI routing?  Assigning & tracking MIDI device numbers instead of using alpha tags? In version 21? MIDI hardware won't pass cc until you customize the settings.  Harrumph.  Or, in keeping with the season, Bah Humbug.

1 hour ago, Brian Lawler said:

Every time they do a new release I install and look it over again (gotta love the free update policy).  There are a ton of great features, but am I the only person that is completely put-off by the MIDI routing?  Assigning & tracking MIDI device numbers instead of using alpha tags? In version 21? MIDI hardware won't pass cc until you customize the settings.  Harrumph.  Or, in keeping with the season, Bah Humbug.

I can't stand it.  Patcher is another way of doing it. I remember how difficult it was in Reaper at one time.

• Like 1

They also give you the new stuff for free if you have the elite packages.

I'm finding some DAW developers are making quality proprietary plugins that equal many 3rd party plugins.

I also like to look at their demo song in a new release to see what is used. 

• Like 1

The one constant issue I find in flstudio is location of VST3 plugins CANNOT be anywhere else other than the default folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

If you have your VST3s anywhere else .. even if you add the alt folder to the plugin manager paths .. it wont find your VST3s 

Anyone find a solution to this? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aidan o driscoll said:

The one constant issue I find in flstudio is location of VST3 plugins CANNOT be anywhere else other than the default folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

If you have your VST3s anywhere else .. even if you add the alt folder to the plugin manager paths .. it wont find your VST3s 

Install VST3 to the default folder.   Plus you can get help on their forum.  

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Put the alt folders in  C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
Such as...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\AAS
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Softube
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\FabFilter
etc.
Don't have to add any folders to your scan paths and works across all Windows DAWs

Edited by TheSteven