Native Instruments Hypha FREE!

cclarry

Thanks. Evidently its popular:

Due to high demand, some users are finding it currently takes longer for HYPHA to appear in Native Access. Please note this can take up to 24 hours at the moment. We’re sorry for the delay, and hope you have fun once it arrives!

NI Access is now connecting for me, but I am getting  image.png.948b4f5c0a198fd73dd34cc797560ccf.png .  

When I first saw it I wondered what the weeds overtaking the synth imagery was all about. I don't want my music making tools being made obscure by weeds. Perhaps its a sign that their HYPHA promotion is spreading exponentially and over powering their servers?

hy pha - noun:  each of the branching filaments that make up the mycelium of a fungus

UPDATE: It took a while for NI Access to connect, authorize licenses, and then download and start to install Hypha--enough time to grind coffee beans, boil water, make the coffee, and do several other household activities (more than usual, but not 24 hours, yet). After maybe 35 minutes, NI Access switched from "Installing" to the "Oops . . . " message.  NI Access now says Hypha is installed, but the Kontakt 7 Player (Standalone 7.0.11 ) shows a solid black window.   Earlier it showed products I had.

More Info: 15 minutes later: Logging out of NI Access and trying to log back in doesn't help. Reconnecting takes more time than usual (logging in, loading products). After about 6-8 minutes (more than enough time to read the manual), NI Access shows products with Hypha (and Kontakt Player 7 installed).  After 20 more minutes Kontakt Player 7 (standalone 7.0.11) still come up with a solid black window. 

File > Options > Libraries says the Hypha library folder is present. 

1 hour ago, simon said:

didn't need an update for me and installed smoothly  - still on NA v1 however

Thanks for this detail.  I have NA v 3.0.1.  Will try reinstalling NA 1.11.0 (2019) on previous audio PC.

• Trying NA 2.5.0 first:
    • Hypha Download failed.
    • NA started Kontakt 7 Player downloaded/installing; Hypha queued.
      • Task Manager said both Windows Installer and NA were active.
    • Kontakt 7 Player allegedly installed; Hypha still queued.
    • Kontakt 6 Player still works; Hypha library not present.
    • Hypha switched from Queued to Install.
      • Tried reinstalling Hypha.
      • Triggers web browser + NA Error Message > Not enough free drive space
        • Webpage shows example with 552 GB required and 379 GB required
      • Hypha installation failed again; no details as to why except the web page.
        • Will look for a message that says how many Mega GB are needed for Hypha.
        • In NA it says 1.87 GB which I have.
    • Tried again; NA downloaded (with time remaining countdown); NA allegedly installed successfully.
      • Not seen in Kontakt 6 player (Standalone 6.7.1)
      • Kontakt 7 Player (Standalone 7.0.11) opens and remains with a black window.
    • Ran *.msi and *.exe for Hypha installation; looked at log. Evidently it is installed now.
      • *.exe give the option to Uninstall

KONTAKT 7 requires a graphics card that supports Direct 3D 11.1 (Feature Level 11_0) rendering or above. If your graphics card does not support this requirement, KONTAKT will open with a black window and will not function.

• Conclusion: My PC cannot use use Hypha.
    • Opinion: I have enough that does work properly without getting a new graphics card just to run NI's so-called "free" instrument. 
Edited by User 905133
to add another update
  • Like 1

It does require at minimum the Kontakt 7 Player, or the full Kontakt 7.

I haven't installed the Kontakt 7 Player yet, as I'm still using Kontakt 6 full version.  Would installing Kontakt Player 7 cause any issues with Kontakt 6, or is it OK to install them side by side?

• Great Idea 1

Just now, abacab said:

It does require at minimum the Kontakt 7 Player, or the full Kontakt 7.

I haven't installed the Kontakt 7 Player yet, as I'm still using Kontakt 6 full version.  Would installing Kontakt Player 7 cause any issues with Kontakt 6, or is it OK to install them side by side?

they should work alongside each other just fine

personally I'm not really fussed to install it just for one specific library........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

they should work alongside each other just fine

personally I'm not really fussed to install it just for one specific library........

Sure, but I assume that all of my Kontakt Player compatible libraries (quite a few) will also open in K7 Player.

I would only need to open K6 Full to access unlicensed commercial or free libraries (also quite a few).

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

Sure, but I assume that all of my Kontakt Player compatible libraries (quite a few) will also open in K7 Player.

I would only need to open K6 Full to access unlicensed commercial or free libraries (also quite a few).

yes - as I say I can't be bothered to juggle the two different players (v7 just for that library and v6 for everything else)

At some point I'll upgrade to K14, when the price is right ;)

14 minutes ago, simon said:

yes - as I say I can't be bothered to juggle the two different players (v7 just for that library and v6 for everything else)

At some point I'll upgrade to K14, when the price is right ;)

Understood! Same here! But the v7 Player will run ALL of the licensed Player libraries, correct? I have a bunch of them and I would like to check out the new browser.

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Understood! Same here! But the v7 Player will run ALL of the licensed Player libraries, correct? I have a bunch of them and I would like to check out the new browser.

yes - it's safe to install and it will run all your licensed stuff

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Currently the NI site doesn't seem to be able to download an update to Native Access needed for the install. Guess it is a server issue. Will try again later

didn't need an update for me and installed smoothly  - still on NA v1 however

1 hour ago, marled said:

Most Kontakt libraries even don't need K6! So why should I install K7 Player or upgrade to K7 full? IMO wasted time at the moment!

I remember back in the days of SONAR giving up on NI with all of the installing/updating/debugging required.  Having spent hours trying to download and install this so-called "freebie", and then once it downloaded and installed at last trying to get it to work, I agree: for me this was a huge waste of time.  Thank goodness I had coffee handy!!!

• Thanks 1