imported midi stem notes barely audible

Lee Rouse

I don't know if anyone else has experimented with HitnMix RipX to separate instruments in recorded audio. it's pretty awesome. I've used it to isolate the bass in the old Otis Redding Song- Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. The resulting stem notes appear mostly complete and accurate, but the rendered midi bass track has a problem- all of the notes have a velocity of only 4, making the track barely audible when I pair the midi file with a bass vst. Is there a way to boost the velocity of all midi notes at once to a uniformly higher level? I've also contacted RipX support to see what I might be able to do within the RipX application.

Thanks for the helpful link. I've now adjusted all selected notes to a velocity of 100.  Strange- some of the notes (e.g. every occurrence of G2) are still completely silent, even though the notes are clearly there on the piano scroll and the velocity is set at 100. It's as if Cakewalk doesn't "see" these notes. I know that velocity doesn't necessarily = volume. I wonder what's going on here. Anyone had experience of notes not sounding even though they are present? It also may be a function of how the notes are rendered in RipX.....

G2 or more importantly whatever the MIDI note value is may be out of range for the plug-in.

For example, SI-Bass uses note 34 (by default Bb2) as the lowest playable value. This may be extended by modifying the sfz files for the plug-in,