Tied for one of my "Favorite Bandlab Jammies of 2022"

Steev

And when is a mix actually finished? Good question, but I have absolutely idea if there is any one correct answer.

I had started this project in my studio in NY State recording/sequencing with CbB jamming with people I played out with, Blake Edwards and my "Good Brother from another Mother"  Dave Robbins, doesn't use Cakewalk and not member of Bandlab, but he's in the infamous "Blackbyrds" band.

Mark Colitis  from NJ, he had used Cakewalk SONAR Producer v8.5 way back, was his latest DAW, but had no interest in learning how to use it, no interests in joining any websites with built in social media and would like to kick Mark Zuckerburg in the ***** for creating Facebook. 😂

But Mark has a serious love and respect for MIDI drums, especially the kind he can beat upon with sticks, fingers pencils, pens and clubs, oh my, and so it happens, he sequenced his drum performance on a Roland OctoPad, emailed the MIDI files in Roland GM/GS MIDI 0 format. that I'm using for triggering drum samples created on a Gretch Birtch drum set in the Addictive Drums 2 VSTi,

You can argue and debate to the cows learn to fly which sounds better, the Roland or AD2, but I prefer AD2 because it doesn't take up any room real estate, and because the plugin has great FX plugin modules, a mixer with comprehensive signal routing everything else I need to mix drums with built into it's GUI.  And AD 2 has 12 AUDIO OUTS that can be configured to automatically ROUTE THEMSELVES to 12 audio tracks in CbB where they can almost too easily dialed in to exacting results.. The Roland doesn't have all that ease of access, it has MENU'S, and does NOT have 12 audio outputs, either. 🚫

abel https://www.bandlab.com/kane_abel .a.k.a ."Fugi" on Bandlab is nicknamed after that sweet Japanese fruit of her homeland. and she is not only UTTERLY DELIGHTFUL to collaborate with, it's also very easy to "HEAR" WHY..

She is also a very talented sweet young lady from Japan who's training herself to speak English thru singing and performing her favorite songs and publishing them to Bandlab, of which she has quite a catalog of MANY favorite cover songs, original song and in just as in many different genres.

And enter Fiz https://www.bandlab.com/fizbahn   Killa sax player from the Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy who has a very real respect for my horn arrangement/ compositions that I create  with Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi and Dimension Pro. He has some MAD mixing skills, and very nice guy and newest friend on Bandlab. Other than that, I just virtually met him so I don't know much about him other then he is SERIOUSLY FUN and easy to collaborate with. 👍👍😂

So anyway, please check them out, and please let me know which mix you like better. M

Maybe it's of course I'm too close to these projects, but I really do love both revisions equally as much. And then in a while, maybe in a week, maybe in a month of not listening to either. I'll go back and revise it again with a fresh set of ears, different mindset, and fresh outlook & perspective... 😎

You Don't Know What Love Is.  abel's mix

You Don't Know What Love Is, Fiz's mix

Edited by Steev

Steve , Incredible , smoky bar vibe.  Very nice playing by everyone !   I liked a lot of the EQ and space in Fiz's mix but , I prefer the better overall balance and smoothness of Abel's. I really enjoyed both mixes but I'll tell you , I was pretty worn out by the time I finished reading about it..           Nice ..    mark

• Like 1

Beautiful, both mixes! Sultry and superb with a sublime James Bond/Dick Tracy theme feel... Great!

Nice fidelity in all of the tracks, it seems they need to find their own place and that is what makes a mix like this a real challenge.  😊