66% off IK Multimedia Syntronik MAX

cclarry

After vast amounts of futzing around, I've placed only the sampletank 3/4, syntronik1/2 "Samples" directories on an external HDD, with the instruments, library resources and info, and presets and multis on my main SSD. This is quite fast; I can select presets/sounds almost instantly (because they're on the SSD). Loading sounds takes a couple of seconds, but seems fine.

Move Samples from "Users/Public/Public Documents/IK Multimedia/Syntronik 2 Sound Content" to my f: drive,  then

mklink /J "Samples" f:\ik_data\syntronik2_samples\

This way I don't need to mess with IK's fragile product manager. 20GB for Sampletank/Syntronik on my SSD, 521GB for Sampletank/Syntronik/Miroslav on my HDD.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason Neudorf said:

After vast amounts of futzing around, I've placed only the sampletank 3/4, syntronik1/2 "Samples" directories on an external HDD, with the instruments, library resources and info, and presets and multis on my main SSD. This is quite fast; I can select presets/sounds almost instantly (because they're on the SSD). Loading sounds takes a couple of seconds, but seems fine.

For best performance I keep my samples on a secondary internal drive (SATA SSD), and only use external USB drives for backups.

I realize that a 2nd internal drive is not always possible with a laptop, but I would recommend it for all desktop configurations.

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I keep all ST stuff on a separate SSD drive. It works fine. I am quite a big ST user and will do an entire demo with just one instance on ST and multiple midi tracks.

I've posted on forums asking for favorite ST sounds and the answer is always crickets.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I've posted on forums asking for favorite ST sounds and the answer is always crickets.

Well. everyone is different.  The ones I use a lot are:

- Hugh Padgham

- SampleTron 2

- L.A. Confidential

- Terry Bozzio Drums

- Fractured Piano

- Malletopia

- Art Deco Piano

The thing about ST is it has that sample editor that gives you a single consistent interface from which to quickly tweak and edit the sounds to what you want them to sound like. I think it's easier to use than Kontakt and Halion. But I wish IKM made a lighter interface for it. Its hard to read sometimes.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Well. everyone is different.  The ones I use a lot are:

- Hugh Padgham

- SampleTron 2

- L.A. Confidential

- Terry Bozzio Drums

- Fractured Piano

- Malletopia

- Art Deco Piano

The thing about ST is it has that sample editor that gives you a single consistent interface from which to quickly tweak and edit the sounds to what you want them to sound like. I think it's easier to use than Kontakt and Halion. But I wish IKM made a lighter interface for it. Its hard to read sometimes.

I was referring to the factory library of ST.

10 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I was referring to the factory library of ST.

Once again. Highly dependent on personal music taste. I have used the brush kits stuff a lot as I don't have many good brush kits. There was also on some other thread forum a  guy who mentioned a particular nylon guitar sample who "claimed" ST was the only library on the market  that had a good sample of that sound. But I have no idea. I don't use those sounds. My take on this stuff is,  if you have the tool at your disposal, try to use it and see what it does for you.

Edited by telecode 101

10 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Once again. Highly dependent on personal music taste. I have used the brush kits stuff a lot as I don't have many good brush kits. There was also on some other thread forum a  guy who mentioned a particular nylon guitar sample who "claimed" ST was the only library on the market  that had a good sample of that sound. But I have no idea. I don't use those sounds. My take on this stuff is,  if you have the tool at your disposal, try to use it and see what it does for you.

It would take me a week to audition factory stuff.

I was never a fan of Mellotron stuff but IKs is very good.

I can't stand the ST browser and often have to use the GUI that comes with their product addons.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:19 AM, telecode 101 said:

I just checked and compared to the IKM site pricing, it seems the MAX and MAX upgrade are same price. The upgrade should be priced lower, no? @Peter - IK Multimedia

source:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik2/index.php?p=versions

This is a "mono-priced" deal, part of our Black Friday MAX deal that has been running and all versions of Syntronik MAX are 99.99 (as are the other MAX versions like T-RackS 5 MAX, AmpliTube 5 MAX, and SampleTank 4 MAX).

• Like 1