Sonokinetic Freebie today?

Reid Rosefelt

Still no joy - they say they are going to be ramping up the servers! 

Edit - oh it appears to be in my account so must have gone through 🙂 

edit 2 - but the serial doesn't work  :-( 

Edit 3 - I'm an idiot I forgot the serial applied to the Sonokinetic manager not Native Access! 

Edited by JoeGBradford
  • Like 1

A note of caution: it probably requires Kontakt 7

I read somewhere Kontakt 7 isn't working on some older builds due to incompatibility (DirectX libraries or something). I will be very careful updating from 6. Would like to start with just the Player and leave the full on 6, but not sure how.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, chris.r said:

I read somewhere Kontakt 7 isn't working on some older builds due to incompatibility (DirectX libraries or something). I will be very careful updating from 6. Would like to start with just the Player and leave the full on 6, but not sure how.

Kontakt 7 is a separate installation, it doesn't remove 6.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

It DOES require Kontakt 7.  Sonokinetic rep confirmed that (on VI) NI gave them "a deal" on serials if they made it v7 only.  Hence the unlimited freebie.   Works with the FREE Kontakt 7 player, which I understand will live next to earlier Kontakt versions. 👍

Edited by Brian Lawler
Kontakt 7 free support
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, BTP said:

Kontakt 7 is a separate installation, it doesn't remove 6.

right, for a moment forgot that fact.. thanks!

EDIT: on a second thought, upgrade to v7 is paid so I will end up with the Player anyway, right?

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 2