MIDI - VST INSTRUMENT GETTING "STANDED NOTE"

Milton Sica

Question

I have a VST Instrument that, under unknown circumstances, gets a stuck note.

That note is playing all the time.

The solution I found was to open the Turn Off and On plugin interface, but I think it would be much better if I put a controller on the midi track to do this every time it runs.

Is there a way to do it?

7 answers to this question

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

CC #123 is All Notes Off - I guess you could use that.  The value field for CC#123 is ignored, so you can set it to anything.

This may not affect sustained notes when CC#64 is in play though, so you might also want to add a CC#64, 0 immediately before that.

Thank you very much. I figured it could be something like that, but I don't know how to put it like that.

If you could detail me better, a step by step on how to do it would be very good.

On the other hand, I saw a recent post on Feedback from 2011.11 a user reporting the same problem I have.

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

CC #123 is All Notes Off - I guess you could use that.  The value field for CC#123 is ignored, so you can set it to anything.

This may not affect sustained notes when CC#64 is in play though, so you might also want to add a CC#64, 0 immediately before that.

2 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

If you could detail me better, a step by step on how to do it would be very good.

On the other hand, I saw a recent post on Feedback from 2011.11 a user reporting the same problem I have.

In the piano roll view with a controller lane visible, add the MIDI Events CC64 > 0 and CC123 > 0 (can be any value really)

You could also use the Event list view to add the required MIDI events.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

In the piano roll view with a controller lane visible, add the MIDI Events CC64 > 0 and CC123 > 0 (can be any value really)

You could also use the Event list view to add the required MIDI events.

Thanks, but how and where add the midi events ?

9 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

Thanks, but how and where add the midi events ?

Actually, come to think of it, I can see why this question - and the question does make sense.

When you stop playback, you sometimes get hanging notes, regardless of where your playback cursor is.  Is that right?

Does the pressing MIDI panic button while a hanging note is sounding silence those hanging notes?

Edited by Promidi

10 hours ago, Promidi said:

Actually, come to think of it, I can see why this question - and the question does make sense.

When you stop playback, you sometimes get hanging notes, regardless of where your playback cursor is.  Is that right?

Does the pressing MIDI panic button while a hanging note is sounding silence those hanging notes?

Thank you very much. From what I've noticed, the Feedback for this latest version is receiving reports of this problem and @Noel Borthwick even suggested some configurations to see if this problem is overcome.