Humble Bundle Working With Audio Bundle

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:
  • Is this typical for these book bundles?
    • $1.00 get 4 books  (25 cents each)
    • $10.00 gets 10 books ($1.00 each)
    • $25.00 gets 18 books ($1.39 each)

My bad (in part). Now it says $18, not $25 for the whole bundle. It seems to default to $25.00.

Edited by User 905133
correction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

Is this typical for these book bundles?

I bought a Humble music book bundle a while back. There was a bunch of filler included. Not all were prime textbooks with well written subject matter and how-to-do information, but rather some often read like scholarly academic research papers. Check out the book's preview PDFs as best you can, but if there's one or two of value, it's probably worth the spend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I bought a Humble music book bundle a while back. There was a bunch of filler included. Not all were prime textbooks with well written subject matter and how-to-do information, but rather some often read like scholarly academic research papers. Check out the book's preview PDFs as best you can, but if there's one or two of value, it's probably worth the spend.

Thanks; good advice. I actually saw a music book bundle probably less than year ago.  It was one that had far more sociology and other academic-oriented books than this one.  Not sure if that's the one you got.  Given my academic background, that bundle might have been better for me than this one. I did actually check the sample pdfs in this one and the other one.  In both collections I looked at, the quality of the content varied.

• Addendum:
    • The Foley Grail, Website. Info about the book; not the text from the book; includes supplementary materials (several clips from videos not included in the bundled book version).  From the pdf in the bundle: "Accompanying the book are online resources featuring video demonstrations of Foley artists at work, video tutorials of specific Foley techniques, lectures from the author, and more."  You can see some of those at the Website. No need to answer questions about what words are on any of the pages from the book!  🙂 
Edited by User 905133
Addendum - Link to The Foley Grail Website
  • Like 2