Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas day 1

Nick Blanc

4 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That was painful.... I love freebies, but I'm not entirely sure that was worth it! I'm not actually sure what it is either, but I'm not going to browse their site right now to find out, as I'd rather be one less person hammering the site!

Vivace Legacy is an older library they don't actually even sell anymore. It's full orchestral phrases, textures and transitions, all very old-school soundtrack type stuff. It's pretty good, for what it is, but not hugely flexible in terms of its overall vibe and usefulness.

Basically, if you're doing 70/80's full orchestral sci-fi scoring or something, then it's got a lot of useful bits and pieces. You can switch sections on and off, use different mic mixes, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Amicus717 said:

Vivace Legacy is an older library they don't actually even sell anymore. It's full orchestral phrases, textures and transitions, all very old-school soundtrack type stuff. It's pretty good, for what it is, but not hugely flexible in terms of its overall vibe and usefulness.

Basically, if you're doing 70/80's full orchestral sci-fi scoring or something, then it's got a lot of useful bits and pieces. You can switch sections on and off, use different mic mixes, etc. 

Yesssss!!!
In fact, hearing some demos I was seeing The Goonies film and something like that!
I love it!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amicus717 said:

That's really helpful, thanks :) I very briefly skimmed the page while I was waiting for it to add it to cart and that's the rough idea I got too. Will check it out more tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

That's really helpful, thanks :) I very briefly skimmed the page while I was waiting for it to add it to cart and that's the rough idea I got too. Will check it out more tomorrow.

It's fun to use, and I actually find it most useful as an idea generator.

Vivace's actual phrases don't often end up in any of my projects, but auditioning them usually provides food for thought and suggests arrangement ideas. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Amicus717 said:

It's fun to use, and I actually find it most useful as an idea generator.

Vivace's actual phrases don't often end up in any of my projects, but auditioning them usually provides food for thought and suggests arrangement ideas. 

That makes total sense and I've had found that before with some other instruments too. I've used a placeholder instrument just for convenience and for locking in a riff and then replaced the instrument entirely.

Looks like there was no need to rush at all with this one. It did look like it might be a permanent freebie and it is.

"no, Vivace Legacy is now permanently free"