Sonokinetic 12 days of Christmas day 1

Nick Blanc

5 minutes ago, chris.r said:

knew it coming.. and I'm not a seer :P 

I have been ready at 16:55 and the site was down...
At 17:00 I received the email with the first offer...

504 Gateway Time-out (down, busy and saturated site, or both... can not serves the web pages...)

Edited by Niky Serrano

10 minutes ago, Niky Serrano said:

😆

They are from Amsterdam... but they were working at 17:00 to get the web site online, so you could wake up 10/15 minutes later

but any potential freebie could be gone in that time already and just thinking about it can set me into some mental derangement

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I got plenty of their stuff and even paid for it.  It has nothing to do with their quality but I don't really use their stuff.

Took me a while, but I am beginning to find ways to integrate their stuff into my projects. It's almost always in full-on orchetral arrangements when I need instrument lines that are particularily nimble, or for passages that are fundamentally unsuited to being performed realistically by programmed multisamples. Sonokinetic's phrase libraries are really good at filling in those gaps, and I find them pretty easy to blend with other libraries. When they work, they really work, in that role. Worth having, at least for me.

The deal today is for their Orchestral Strings multisample library, which I also have. It's pretty good, with lots of articulations and a nice sound, although I find that it's not really for quick or easy arrangements; in my view, it's a finishing library better suited for arrangements that are already worked out in a fair amount of detail.  

Also, I totally dislike their instrument interfaces, and the Orchestral Strings one is no different. Very stylish. But also annoying, and they require a bit more work to operate than I want to spend when I'm working on music. 

However, if you can deal with that then $99 is a really good deal for a full-featured and good-sounding set of orchestral strings. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Like 3