PA Plugins updated to 4.8

cclarry

Go to your account, or run the PA Installation Manager
to install the update

New Major Update for Our Plugins (released July 10th)
This free update includes various bug fixes and improvements as well as compatibility with the macOS 10.14.5 Update & Windows 10 1903 Update. For more details visit our News-Page. If you have downloaded our plugins before July 10th, just grab the improved new versions now.

Re-Demo: Try Our Plugins Again!
We have recently reset all the demo licenses (trials) that have ever been generated with our system. This means that you can demo all of our plugins again. Even if you have already used demos of the plugins in the past! You can re-activate them from the plugin in your DAW.

Just use the Installation Manager to download all of (y)our plugins in one go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Monomox said:

I think the re demo is the interesting part. 

Re updates, I think they're rarely worth the hassle, particularly when you have a ton of plugins 

Yup it is nice decision very customer friendly. I tested some plugs long ago and didn't remember too much so when deciding again I were forced to go little blind.

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

New Major Update for Our Plugins (released July 10th)
This free update includes various bug fixes and improvements as well as compatibility with the macOS 10.14.5 Update & Windows 10 1903 Update. For more details visit our News-Page. If you have downloaded our plugins before July 10th, just grab the improved new versions now.

Maybe I'm getting a little paranoid but, regarding PA and after their recent changes, I'm a bit worried to read expressions like "free update" in their announcements.

What does this mean? Since I started buying their plugins years ago I don't remember seeing this kind of remark since ALL their updates were always free.

I hope this does not reflect a possible change in policy regarding users that opted for the subscription plan and those who did not.

I just tried updating all of my P.A. plugins. I checked the installed versions before update and again afterwards. No change!

Looks like I will have update manually as most installed versions have been updated (I manually checked installed versions vs the ones available in my account on their website) 🙄 

Edited by ZincT

1 hour ago, simon said:

seems to work ok here although I haven't checked every one...... anything specific that didn't update ?

None of the 29 plugins were updated! Although the Installation Manager looked like it was downloading and installing all of them and even gave a message to say that it was complete. I don't like how it downloads to somewhere which is not configurable so I will have to go hunting. I have raised a support ticket as I really don't fancy updating these manually.

18 minutes ago, ZincT said:

None of the 29 plugins were updated! Although the Installation Manager looked like it was downloading and installing all of them and even gave a message to say that it was complete. I don't like how it downloads to somewhere which is not configurable so I will have to go hunting. I have raised a support ticket as I really don't fancy updating these manually.

that's odd - I'm on win10 64 bit and just using VST3 - I looked at a few (the bx_consoles for example as they were definitely said to be updated) couldn't see any problems.

12 hours ago, Sergio said:

Maybe I'm getting a little paranoid but, regarding PA and after their recent changes, I'm a bit worried to read expressions like "free update" in their announcements.

What does this mean? Since I started buying their plugins years ago I don't remember seeing this kind of remark since ALL their updates were always free.

I hope this does not reflect a possible change in policy regarding users that opted for the subscription plan and those who did not.

Sergio interesting and scary remark you re right , it doesn t smellgood ...

11 hours ago, simon said:

that's odd - I'm on win10 64 bit and just using VST3 - I looked at a few (the bx_consoles for example as they were definitely said to be updated) couldn't see any problems.

I ran the update again and this time it appears to have worked 😕 

Also, I found that where the version number is available in the plugin (from the "About" button which seems to be missing from some plugins e.g. bx_boom) it's best to use that rather than look at Programs and Features as they are reported incorrectly there.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sergio said:

yes,  and when does and "update" become a "new version" ?

for example I had to pay to update DSM v2 to DSM v3

16 hours ago, Sergio said:

That`s what worries me as I said in the PA Announcement thread "I hope this isn't going to effect the plugins I've already purchased!" 

There doesn't seem to be any clarity on previously purchased plugins, other than those who got the 10 for free because they pulled the plug on the rent to own.  I can say 100% I wont be going for the monthly or yearly plans. I've already purchased licenses for the stuff I need, I just don`t do this subscription thing for software.

• Like 1