Can we please move the "Delete" and "Delete All" in the track bin ?

Greg Wynn

Historically, I've been MANY versions of Cakewalk behind the current version because the older versions worked well for what I did.  And since I had clients constantly in, I couldn't afford to have stuff break on update, which happened a couple times before I just abandoned updates for as long as possible.  But now that I'm only using Cakewalk for my own songs, I use the current version.  And I'm still constantly looking for the "Clone Track" option.  I'm not sure when this disappeared exactly, or why the nomenclature had to change to "Duplicate Track".

On 12/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, HOOK said:

Historically, I've been MANY versions of Cakewalk behind the current version because the older versions worked well for what I did.  And since I had clients constantly in, I couldn't afford to have stuff break on update, which happened a couple times before I just abandoned updates for as long as possible.  But now that I'm only using Cakewalk for my own songs, I use the current version.  And I'm still constantly looking for the "Clone Track" option.  I'm not sure when this disappeared exactly, or why the nomenclature had to change to "Duplicate Track".

I have never had any Cakewalk clients, it's always been the industries standard of Pro Tools clients, and now they are ever few and far in between. And now it's only clients looking to have their Ableton Live, or Reason DAW projects imported into Pro Tools.

And although I do still use SPLAT to open older projects and keep them in their natural versions, and to make sure they are prepared and ready to go for a newer version in CbB, I always keep CbB up to date. It only takes a few minutes to update, and only a few minutes to roll back if something goes wrong, which is extremely rare. I only had to roll back once since Bandlab took over.

And Historically, back in the dayz of Windows 2000, I would schedule and reserve and entire weekend to MAYBE finish upgrading to a new annual release version of Cakewalk Pro Audio, BOY O BOY was THAT ever an oxymoron of a name for a DAW.

And things improved with Win XP and SONAR Producer. I felt fairly confident I could MAYBE do it in a day.

And then SONAR 1 came to be with it's new and improved "Skylight" GUI and MY WHOLE WORLD CHANGED. and it made me want to hit myself in the head with a FAQ'in BOARD!😵

But I just kept doing the upgrading deals, stuck to doing serious projects in trusty, tried, & Pro Audio 8.5 PE as my #1 workstation.

It wasn't until SONAR 3 that I became happy & comfortable enough to turn off PA 8.5, and then.............. and then...........

And then SONAR PRODUCER 4 was born and it ROCKED THE FAQ'in WORLD! 🔥💥💯

And kept getting better and better leading the world in cutting edge technology. Things like the Cakewalk TTS-1 that's powered by highly acclaimed Roland's Sound Canvas synth engine,  a double precision x64 sound engine that ran natively within SONAR, even on x32 bit OS.

And the list goes on and on.... And still goes on today. The only difference is, it doesn't cost $150 per year for an annual upgrade. Now Bandlab does it in smaller, faster, increments, and not only is the DAW maintained and supported for so is many services provided by Bandlab.com, which would cost literally THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS a year using Pro Tools/ AVID cloud account.  🤯 

That being said, SPLAT is still ROCK SOLID after all these years, which is surprising considering all the changes Windows went thru with v7, v10, and now v11, and can do everything I want or need it to do.

But not nearly as easily or efficiently as CbB's new and improved tools and workflow enhancements, and the difference is on par with comparing a landline telephone tethered to the wall with a 1 meter piece of coiled wire and you have to stand there looking at it because nearest stool 3 meters away and comparing it to a Google Android or an iPhone. 

YEP, they DANG SURE DON'T MAKE 'EM THE WAY THEY USED TO!! 😆😵🤣 And good riddance. 

Things constantly evolve and change in computer technology, for better or worse and typically for the better, that's just the way it is and the farther you fall behind the harder it is to even understand "what's happening" before you can even learn how to catch up to "what's going on".

This might actually be good, it keeps us on our toes when producing and mixing, it and forces us not to take things for granted all the time.

I vote for an updated right click menu for the Track View:

image.png.42c7358ed2dcc07ad81904d8273b60bf.png

😅

...said with ❤️ (after I've nearly deleted all my effects).

Edited by GreenLight

55 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

This might actually be good, it keeps us on our toes when producing and mixing, it and forces us not to take things for granted all the time.

I vote for an updated right click menu for the Track View:

image.png.42c7358ed2dcc07ad81904d8273b60bf.png

😅

...said with ❤️ (after I've nearly deleted all my effects).

What happens if there's no talent to delete?  Instant crash?

• Haha 1