Sonitus Delay

David DeLisle

Does anyone know how to flush an effect plugin during playback?  I'm specifically thinking of Sonitus delay, but it might be helpful to flush other VSTs in the middle of your track.

The problem is that I want a long delay loop with high feedback, and a high mix level, but then I want it to end suddenly and loop on a new audio clip.  It would be nice if I could just instantaneously flush the plugin before it captures the next clip.  Simply automating the mix level doesn't work, because when you bring it back up, the first clip with still in the feedback loop.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by David DeLisle

On 12/5/2022 at 9:41 AM, David DeLisle said:

Does anyone know how to flush an effect plugin during playback?  I'm specifically thinking of Sonitus delay, but it might be helpful to flush other VSTs in the middle of your track.

The problem is that I want a long delay loop with high feedback, and a high mix level, but then I want it to end suddenly and loop on a new audio clip.  It would be nice if I could just instantaneously flush the plugin before it captures the next clip.  Simply automating the mix level doesn't work, because when you bring it back up, the first clip with still in the feedback loop.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Automate the feedback level

Edited by Promidi
  • Like 1

If you would add the Delay effect to the Audio Clips and not the Track FX bin you could achieve the results you are looking for... You would have two different Sonitus Delay plugins, one on each clip...

Using real-time effects,  Effects on clips - https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.30.html

Edited by SirWillyDS12
Added Effects on clips

21 hours ago, David DeLisle said:

If anyone responds, i'd appreciate an email to xxxxx

@David DeLisleYou can set these email notifications up yourself in your forum settings. Notifications > Notification settings > Method to use for content I follow automatically

Probably best to not publish your email address here where the spam bots can see it.

• Like 1