National-style Resonator GuitarVI

fret_man

I'm on the lookout for National-style resonator guitar VI's tri-cone or biscuit bridge) and finding myself a little disappointed by the offerings out there. I'm looking for something suitable for dirty, bluesy, roots music. Here's what I've come across so far:

In-Session Audio Resonator: only loops, not a true VI

Wavelore Instruments Glide: an oldie but maybe one of the best. However, am I reading this right? Slides are only available in a single octave range (G2 - G3, page 8 of the manual - not sure if this only relates to that one string)? That seems awfully restrictive!

Orange Tree Slide Acoustic: nope. That's a standard acoustic guitar. (I own this)

Amplesound Instruments: ALL of their acoustic instruments (except, sigh, their 12string) have slide options (keyswitch F#0), but none of their instruments are National-style.  (I own these)

Indiginus The Resonator: a fantastic VI, but it's a dobro (spider bridge), not a national-style. But I may end up using this due to the failings of all the others. But it's a little too clean for what I'm looking for. No fret noise at all that I can find. (I own this)

Indiginus Delta Blues Acoustic Slide: I don't *think* this is a National-style, but it's dirty enough that I can make it work. But the slides aren't very flexible and the slide landing notes seem too disjointed from the rest of the slide. This uses a very early style GUI that also seem restrictive. In the end, it'll be VERY difficult to make this sound real. The 12-string sure does sound cool, tho! (I own this)

... and that's about it! Everything else I've found have been very old loops, not virtual instruments.

But maybe I'm missing something? Has anyone else tried Wavelore Instruments Glide?

Thx!

• Like 1