oooops

Bapu

No one gave Bapu's post a like, so I did.  Maybe he felt so strongly about something that he was going to post about that he couldn't put it into words. ;)

I say we give him the benefit of a doubt and give his post LIKES.  Let's make Bapu's original post the most LIKED post on the forum. Is anyone with me? 

Unrelated. When do leave for your trip @cclarry? 

We do want to remind everyone that you're just going on a vacation and will return so no one panics! I'm thinking of it as our collective chance to save up for a short while for the next round of sales! 

Edited by PavlovsCat

29 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I'd guess that includes many of us who are here today as the result of an ooops. I don't know if I am in that number, but if so then I am definitely in favor of serendipity.

Truedat, thinking my parents married six months ahead of my coming out. 

Ya, I am the firstborn; my parents' anniversary was in April, my birthday is in October.

There isn't much family lore about that period except that Dad, an unsophisticated farm boy of 21, often alluded to the many things Mom taught him early on. I do know that she bought him his first ever alcoholic beverage on a date. For all I know, that drink may have been a crucial part of my origin story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2022 at 8:17 AM, bitflipper said:

Ya, I am the firstborn; my parents' anniversary was in April, my birthday is in October.

Likewise. I felt a bit awkward celebrating my 50th birthday the same year my parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Or any significant anniversary actually. I could see people doing the math in their head.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

What does "ooops" do?

• OOPS is used typically to express mild apology, surprise, or dismay.
  • An expression of surprise or feeling sorry about a mistake or slight accident
  • Used to express sudden or surprised dismay, or, sometimes, implied apology, after one has blundered, tripped, broken something, misspoken, etc.

It is a way of saying "I/We made a mistake, did something unintended, etc."  It is a more polite form of saying,  "I/We F****ed up."

For example, in the case of an unintended pregnancy, "Oooops" might mean, "We didn't intend to get married so soon."

Edited by User 905133
added an example
  • Haha 2